IT Solutions Finance Director
- Montreal, QC, Canada
Creating the unknown since 1997. At Ubisoft Montreal, we’re united by a common goal: to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. We develop iconic franchises that engage millions around the world, like Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, For Honor, Rainbow Six, Watch Dogs – and, well, we can’t disclose all our secrets just yet.
Our biggest strength is – and always will be – our people: the immensely talented team members surrounding, supporting, and producing the high-quality games that have made our studio what it is today.
When you join Ubi MTL, you’ll discover a workplace that sparks inspiration and connection: an environment with a variety of voices, identities, backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We offer a collaborative space that provides career advancement, a host of learning opportunities, and meaningful benefits centred on well-being.
Here, our shared desire to dream big, take risks, and constantly improve contributes to the innovation and boundary-pushing that ultimately leads to our collective success.
Within an international IT department of more than 1500 people, you will manage a multidisciplinary team of about 80 people located on several continents.
Ubisoft's Finance projects are ambitious and the Finance environment within the group is complex. The incumbent of this position will have to influence the whole of Ubisoft and its numerous financial departments.
As Director of Finance IT Solutions, your role will be to streamline Ubisoft's financial processes, extend the digital transformation, improve the portfolio of IT systems around the Finance domain with more automation and digital innovation.
You will define the product strategy, be responsible for the long-term vision of the domain and implement internal audit programs. In addition, you will have to optimize costs while supporting the group's strong growth and making the most of the investments made.
Ubisoft's Finance projects are ambitious and the Finance environment within the group is complex. Negotiation and mediation skills are an important asset.
As such, your missions can be broken down into three main parts: the definition of the vision, the strategy and the strategy around the IT Finance domain, the management of the domain as well as the management of its team, and finally, the management of the program and the projects surrounding Finance.
- Work closely with the Finance business sponsors and other IT teams to define the Finance IT strategy, while ensuring consistency with the objectives, the rest of the IT projects and the general strategy of Ubisoft;
- Lead the IT solutions created or implemented, both in terms of their intrinsic qualities and their alignment with the business processes and needs;
- Be responsible of the proper implementation of the vision and roadmap of the Finance domain while ensuring a clear and efficient prioritization of projects;
- Be responsible for the entire product lifecycle of the Finance portfolio (design, development, implementation, support, operations);
- Manage an international team spread between Montreal, Paris, Bucharest, Kyiv and Shanghai, San Francisco while participating in the mentoring and coaching of all team members;
- Define and implement governance for all IT Finance products;
- Optimize and validate the budgets related to the various projects in Act as a facilitator for the teams by ensuring optimal communication with internal customers and sponsors;
- Provide a clear vision and guidelines to the teams;
- Identify all initiatives that can bring added value to our Finance teams.
- Significant experience in Finance or IT management roles applied to Finance;
- Knowledge and past experience with Finance issues and ERP systems such as Peoplesoft or Hyperion;
- Experience in managing international teams, with multiple stakeholders and in a complex ecosystem;
- Excellent skills in project management, business practices and data privacy standards;
- Strong leadership and desire to motivate and engage teams with the ability to create a long-term vision and share it with teams;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills in written and spoken English and French.
Just a heads up: If you require a work permit, your eligibility may depend on your education and years of relevant work experience, as required by the government.
Skills and competencies show up in different forms and can be based on different experiences, that's why we strongly encourage you to apply even though you may not have all the requirements listed above.
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences.