IT Manager- Governance, Office of the CIO
- Montreal, QC, Canada
Creating the unknown since 1997. At Ubisoft Montreal, we’re united by a common goal: to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. We develop iconic franchises that engage millions around the world, like Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, For Honor, Rainbow Six, Watch Dogs – and, well, we can’t disclose all our secrets just yet.
Our biggest strength is – and always will be – our people: the immensely talented team members surrounding, supporting, and producing the high-quality games that have made our studio what it is today.
When you join Ubi MTL, you’ll discover a workplace that sparks inspiration and connection: an environment with a variety of voices, identities, backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We offer a collaborative space that provides career advancement, a host of learning opportunities, and meaningful benefits centred on well-being.
Here, our shared desire to dream big, take risks, and constantly improve contributes to the innovation and boundary-pushing that ultimately leads to our collective success.
As the IT Manager - Continous Improvement, your team maps and centralizes key IT practices through canvassing efforts within the Ubisoft IT organization. This will allow you to have and share a wide view of the current practices ecosystem and bring an analytical approach with the goal of combining and/or optimizing practices to improve efficiency.
Your globally distributed team reaches its ambitions thanks to your know-how, your leadership, and your ability to maintain a global vision and make informed decisions. You’re motivated to create a culture of collaboration where each person performs at their best because they believe in the mission.
- Contribute and promote the Methods and Practices strategy for IT in clear and simple language to ensure globally consistent cohesion and understanding;
- Be accountable for your Project managers’ and Business Analysts’ team deliveries, ensuring the supported processes are globally applied and delivering value, and that improvements are assigned efficiently and progressing in a measurable way;
- Work closely with IT leadership team to ensure that business practices are structured, visible, and communicated in a way that supports the success of the company;
- Meet regularly with your team to organize the work to be done, discuss progress, share updates, and ensure that our service offering meet the expected level of quality;
- Provide regular visibility externally into the current milestones, accomplishments and major changes to assignments, and priorities relating to your team;
- Establish and provide professional development opportunities, ongoing coaching and training that team members need in order to meet the expectations of the IT community;
- Lead the creation of purposeful reports, analyze resulting data, identify inefficiencies, and implement new practices for improving our IT service delivery and workflows;
- Negotiate agreements with internal and external suppliers when need be.
- Driven by a passion for practice and process management & optimization with a curiosity and a willingness to continue learning;
- A personal satisfaction from bringing clarity, efficiency and optimization to practices that will have a lasting positive impact on the work of those involved in Ubisoft;
- A solid understanding of modern information technology and the business of managing large technology teams. Strong experience in continuous improvement and multi-team leadership;
- Solid project management skills that allow you to deliver in scope, performance, and budget without compromising vision and final quality;
- Experienced working with globally distributed teams using collaboration tools like Microsoft Teams, Confluence and Jira. A consistent interface to your team from external stakeholders and effective cross-departmental collaboration: you can easily cooperate with members from all disciplines and organizational levels;
- Open communication with the ability to explain complex concepts in plain language, both written and orally in French and English.
Just a heads up: If you require a work permit, your eligibility may depend on your education and years of relevant work experience, as required by the government.
Skills and competencies show up in different forms and can be based on different experiences, that's why we strongly encourage you to apply even though you may not have all the requirements listed above.
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences.