Open Network Architect
- Montreal, QC, Canada
Creating the unknown since 1997. At Ubisoft Montreal, we’re united by a common goal: to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. We develop iconic franchises that engage millions around the world, like Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, For Honor, Rainbow Six, Watch Dogs – and, well, we can’t disclose all our secrets just yet.
Our biggest strength is – and always will be – our people: the immensely talented team members surrounding, supporting, and producing the high-quality games that have made our studio what it is today.
When you join Ubi MTL, you’ll discover a workplace that sparks inspiration and connection: an environment with a variety of voices, identities, backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We offer a collaborative space that provides career advancement, a host of learning opportunities, and meaningful benefits centred on well-being.
Here, our shared desire to dream big, take risks, and constantly improve contributes to the innovation and boundary-pushing that ultimately leads to our collective success.
The position is to be filled in Paris, in the IT department of Ubisoft, and more particularly within the "Infrastructure Solutions" team whose objective is to design and deploy the technical solutions supporting the activity of Ubisoft employees around the world.
This team is made up of project managers, developers and technical architects covering several technological areas (network, security, storage, virtualization, system).
Within this team you will be part of the network cluster composed of two architects, a project manager and a developer, whose objective is to improve our network infrastructure.
As an Open Network Architect, you will have a key role in instilling open source into our network infrastructures to create solutions that are easily adaptable to Ubisoft's IT needs.
As such, your assignments will be to:
- Ensure technological intelligence and define the technological vision, especially by creating a roadmap;
- Design, test and document open source technical solutions tailored to project ambitions and expectations;
- Promote automation and orchestration of solutions within the department;
- Get the technical community accustomed to open source solutions and accompany the development of the operational teams.
The current technical environment you will have to work in is:
- Linux (CentOS) and Windows Server Environments;
- LAN/WLAN/WAN Cisco Network Ecosystem;
- Hyper-Converged Infrastructure;
- Open-Source Security Solutions;
- Automation microservices, API, with Python and orchestration with Ansible, Chef, Terraform, Kubernetes.
- Understanding and securing corporate networks;
- Proficiency in Linux;
- Experience in implementing open-source projects in business;
- Experience in automation and orchestration;
- Leadership in a technical community;
- Bilingualism in French and English is required both verbally and in writing.
Just a heads up: If you require a work permit, your eligibility may depend on your education and years of relevant work experience, as required by the government.
Skills and competencies show up in different forms and can be based on different experiences, that's why we strongly encourage you to apply even though you may not have all the requirements listed above.
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences.