- Montreal, QC, Canada
At Ubisoft Montreal, a preeminent developer of video games located in Montreal’s dynamic Mile-End neighbourhood since 1997, we offer a work environment unique in the industry for allowing you to build and cultivate games that are part of critically acclaimed, iconic AAA franchises of international repute.
When you join Ubi Montreal, you enter a community of passionate, extraordinary developers connected by their need to innovate, to be creative and to work with the latest technology. You’ll discover a world where employees enjoy constant career advancement, a supportive learning environment, and competitive compensation packages.
Our IT teams are central to these developments, both for our players and for our employees. They guarantee services and infrastructures that meet the greatest technological challenges.
The position is available in Montreal, within Ubisoft's Enterprise Data department and more specifically within the IT analytical team to create tools to share data more quickly.
We are looking for a Python developer who is curious, organized and interested in learning new technologies as we grow together as a team. The ideal candidate will have a mix of web development, data engineering, and Dev-Ops skills and experiences. We do not expect you to be an expert across each of these domains from day 1, but we do wish to find a determination to learn and a passion to keep pushing forward when the solution is not immediately obvious.
- Design and develop new features expressed by the partner teams and propose an optimal solution aligned with the existing architecture/tools at Ubisoft;
- Enhance build and development tooling and improve things like CI/CD pipelines;
- Improve and automate our deployments for our web tools such as Gitlab, Docker, Kubernetes;
- Design and develop module of our analytics platforms (Flask) using modern best practices in software development;
- Develop APIs for our customers and share our data;
- Work closely with teammates in design, code, and test-plan reviews to help build robust software and foster knowledge sharing.
- Solid experience in development such as Python;
- Experience in building CI/CD pipelines;
- Experience with Gitlab, Docker, Kubernetes;
- Experience with database programming (MySQL, Snowflake, S3);
- Great interpersonnal communication in English and French at both spoken and written levels.
- Experience with data orchestration and routing tools to collect and process data (ex. Airflow);
- Proven expertise as a developer in a Big Data environment.
Just a heads up: If you require a work permit, your eligibility may depend on your education and years of relevant work experience, as required by the government.
Skills and competencies show up in different forms and can be based on different experiences, that's why we strongly encourage you to apply even though you may not have all the requirements listed above.
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences.