- Montreal, QC, Canada
Creating the unknown since 1997. At Ubisoft Montreal, we’re united by a common goal: to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. We develop iconic franchises that engage millions around the world, like Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, For Honor, Rainbow Six, Watch Dogs – and, well, we can’t disclose all our secrets just yet.
Our biggest strength is – and always will be – our people: the immensely talented team members surrounding, supporting, and producing the high-quality games that have made our studio what it is today.
When you join Ubi MTL, you’ll discover a workplace that sparks inspiration and connection: an environment with a variety of voices, identities, backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We offer a collaborative space that provides career advancement, a host of learning opportunities, and meaningful benefits centred on well-being.
Here, our shared desire to dream big, take risks, and constantly improve contributes to the innovation and boundary-pushing that ultimately leads to our collective success.
Within the Ubisoft IT department, you’ll be joining as a developer within the Enterprise Business Services (EBS) team, which is responsible for developing the company’s e-commerce ecosystem by building new services such as Payment Service Providers, Order and Tax Management to our Uplay+ portal.
By working as a part of this team, you’ll support our global Salesforce Commerce (SFCC) E-commerce platform. You will directly impact the user experience for millions of players by developing and implementing solutions that best leverage the Salesforce Commerce Cloud platform.
- Design, code and test technical solutions while seeking optimal performance and structuring it in a way that answers best clients’ needs;
- Create technical documentation and is quality driven in terms of deliverables;
- Support the testing process of developed features by providing all necessary details to the QA team;
- Follow the team and project guidelines, keep in mind the milestones set, raise warnings if deadlines are at risk;
- Proactively seeks opportunities to broaden and deepen knowledge base and proficiency.
- Hands-on experience in working with APIs and 3rd Party system integration (SOAP/REST);
- Experience in the SFCC or Demandware development with pipelines, JS controllers, DS scripts, ISML templates is a plus;
- Understanding of the full-ecommerce technology ecosystem including Digital Content, PIM, DAM, Payment, TAG Management, Web analytics, ERP, CRM, WMS, Fraud Management and more;
- Always thinks and acts with the clients & end users in mind by being quality, services and results-oriented;
- Excellent communication skills and bilingualism French and English is required both orally and in writing.
Just a heads up: If you require a work permit, your eligibility may depend on your education and years of relevant work experience, as required by the government.
Skills and competencies show up in different forms and can be based on different experiences, that's why we strongly encourage you to apply even though you may not have all the requirements listed above.
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences.