Software Development Manager
- Montreal, QC, Canada
Creating the unknown since 1997. At Ubisoft Montreal, we’re united by a common goal: to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. We develop iconic franchises that engage millions around the world, like Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, For Honor, Rainbow Six, Watch Dogs – and, well, we can’t disclose all our secrets just yet.
Our biggest strength is – and always will be – our people: the immensely talented team members surrounding, supporting, and producing the high-quality games that have made our studio what it is today.
When you join Ubi MTL, you’ll discover a workplace that sparks inspiration and connection: an environment with a variety of voices, identities, backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We offer a collaborative space that provides career advancement, a host of learning opportunities, and meaningful benefits centred on well-being.
Here, our shared desire to dream big, take risks, and constantly improve contributes to the innovation and boundary-pushing that ultimately leads to our collective success.
As Software Development Manager, you will oversee a team of developers working on the creative powerhouse behind Ubisoft’s IT platform. This is a one-stop destination, offering teams access to services for leveraging cloud and infrastructure in a uniform, self-serve way. You’ll need to ensure our developers deliver results in timely way, on budget and as per the quality desired.
You will work with the associate director and director to ensure the success of your team and their mobilization. Furthermore, you ensure we maintain excellent relations with our partners and add value to them.
- Establish a development plan for all products, while keeping in mind the clients’ and end users’ satisfaction;
- Work with developer teams to assess their requirements and ensure we design ta platform with operability and ease-of-use in mind;
- Provide strategic counsel, visibility and consistent results to clients;
- Determine acceptable quality standards for product delivery;
- Supervise and assess developers and team leads - oversee work team activities, especially by following up on requests and department mandates;
- Challenge the technical teams on technological decisions with directors and architects;
- Negotiate agreements with internal and external suppliers whenever necessary;
- Create an environment built on trust, open communication, creative thinking, and cohesive team effort;
- Encourage creativity, risk taking, and constant improvement.
- Previous experience in software development as well as having acquired some experience in team management;
- Demonstrated enthusiasm of open source software as well as a solid experience pushing forward innovation and best practices;
- Ability to collaborate with individuals at all levels and in different teams and with direct collaborators;
- Having the ability adapt to change, encourage ownership, being result focused and delegate are key elements;
- Excellent leadership and communication skills;
- Being mindful of your communication and management style ̶ bilingualism in English and French both orally and written.
Just a heads up: If you require a work permit, your eligibility may depend on your education and years of relevant work experience, as required by the government.
Skills and competencies show up in different forms and can be based on different experiences, that's why we strongly encourage you to apply even though you may not have all the requirements listed above.
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences.