Team Lead (User Research Lab)
- Montreal, QC, Canada
At Ubisoft Montreal’s User Research Lab, we contribute to creating the best gaming experiences by putting players – their behaviours, motivations, and more – at the centre of the design process.
Working hand in hand with production teams, we deliver in-depth player insights to guide decision-making, combining state-of-the-art qualitative and quantitative research through a variety of methodologies and data sources.
As a Team Lead within the Lab, you’ll co-lead a dedicated group of user researchers in designing and conducting research strategies to better understand the players of an array of Ubisoft games.
You’ll band together with your fellow lead to share ownership of the team’s goals, and priorities. While your co-lead oversees strategy, you'll be responsible for training, mentoring, and developing your team members: providing guidance and support, plus elevating their skill sets.
In a welcoming environment that encourages risk-taking, you’ll not only foster collaboration and open communication but also make room for innovation, allowing every researcher the freedom and flexibility to try new things.
What you’ll do
- Collaborate closely with your user research co-lead to define and execute a common vision for the team.
- Anticipate resource requirements + provide your team members with all they need to work efficiently and achieve quality (tools, communication channels, etc.).
- Offer feedback and coaching + mentor and motivate user researchers to develop their skills (related to user research methods and techniques, project management, communication, etc.).
- Support your team in interpreting results and communicating findings, stepping in to help resolve urgent issues when need be.
- Contribute to continuously improving research processes, methods, and protocols.
- Maintain partnerships with video game production teams, interacting often to gather and assess their user research needs + occasionally explain findings.
- Sync up with other user research teams and partners throughout the company to maintain alignment and facilitate knowledge sharing.
- Participate in recruitment to build your team of user researchers + foster their professional growth and career progression.
What you bring
- Experience in user research, social science, or psychology (or other relevant experience) + experience building and managing teams
- Knowledge of qualitative and quantitative research methods and tools
- A collaborative and solution-oriented spirit
- An understanding of the video game development cycle
- Excellent interpersonal and effective communication skills: you understand the importance of strong relationships and know how to adapt your communication style to the context
- Time and priority management that allows you to balance short-term and long-term goals
- An ability to motivate and mentor: you can recognize and develop the strengths of team members and build a foundation of trust for each one to succeed
What to send our way
- Your CV, highlighting your background and skills
- A cover letter letting us know why this opportunity appeals to you
A real live person will review your application. In this case, it’s our talent acquisition specialist Oriana. As she learns more about you through your profile, get to know her through the video below.
Creating the unknown since 1997. At Ubisoft Montreal, we’re united by a common goal: to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. We develop iconic franchises that engage millions around the world, like Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, For Honor, Rainbow Six, Watch Dogs – and, well, we can’t disclose all our secrets just yet.
Our biggest strength is – and always will be – our people: the immensely talented team members surrounding, supporting, and producing the high-quality games that have made our studio what it is today.
When you join Ubi MTL, you’ll discover a workplace that sparks inspiration and connection: an environment with a variety of voices, identities, backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We offer a collaborative space that provides career advancement, a host of learning opportunities, and meaningful benefits centred on well-being.
Here, our shared desire to dream big, take risks, and constantly improve contributes to the innovation and boundary-pushing that ultimately leads to our collective success.
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences.