Senior Level Designer - Ubisoft Paris Mobile (F/M/NB)
- 93100 Montreuil, France
- Employees can work remotely
Ubisoft’s 19,000 team members, working across more than 40 locations around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their dedication and talent has brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come. Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves. If you are excited about solving game-changing challenges, cutting edge technologies and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey and help us Create the unknown.
Ubisoft Paris Mobile
At Ubisoft Paris Mobile, we build today the virtual arenas of tomorrow. Mobile games that are both accessible and far-reaching, in which millions of players take each other on and ultimately come together.
In every one of our creations, we put the focus on gameplay. Gameplay must innovate and federate so that as many people as possible can enjoy it, whether as players or spectators. As a result, our games are alive and dazzling. They tell their stories through the seasons. They are devised not only with great enthusiasm, but also with our players.
Striving for excellence involves learning every day: from our players, from our competitors, and from ourselves. Joining Ubisoft Paris Mobile means benefiting from the resources and expertise of the world's third largest independent video games publisher; it means being able to push forward Ubisoft's biggest licenses as part of an agile structure, all through human-sized teams.
Within our studio, we share the same idea of a challenging, compassionate working environment, one that prospers from the wealth of our talents and the diversity of our personalities. More than anything, we firmly believe that only by playing together can we create the best possible experiences.
You will join the studio that has created such successful games as Assassin's Creed Pirates, Smurfs Epic Run, Mighty Quest and the latest Might & Magic Chess Royale (and other unannounced projects).
What if you were at the forefront of the production of Ubisoft Paris Mobile's most ambitious game? We are currently developing a new unannounced AAA project, the most ambitious in studio history.
Within the Ubisoft Paris mobile studio, you will join the design team composed of 15 people and be in charge of supervising a squad under the responsibility of the Lead Game Designer. While intervening on general aspects of level design, you will be a referent on technical decisions affecting the design. You will be involved in the identification of the level design team needs, the implementation of effective methods and will be the main point of contact on any technical subject for Level Designers. Ultimately, you will be in charge to plan and supervise the Level Design processes.
In this context, your main missions will be:
- Develop Level Design while respecting the creative direction of the game ;
- Design and deliver gameplay content in line with the direction of the game ;
- Anticipate technical solutions adapted to the constraints of the game engine (Unity) and tools to support the design ;
- Balance content and debug ;
- Collaborate with the various teams involved in the creative process (artists, game designers, animators, narrative designers, etc.) ;
- Validate the playability of the environment with Testers, Level Artists and Gameplay Programmers.
Do you want to create the best quality worlds possible? If you recognize yourself in the following description, you’re the one!
- You have solid experience in designing game levels, ideally on open world games
- You are a versatile Level Designer with an affinity for technical issues
- Handling technical tools such as Git, Tortoise or the graphics engine does not scare you
- You are able to communicate your ideas on content, provide analysis and comments constructively, both orally and in writing
- You are fluent in English & French (speaking & writing)
- You want to work with enthusiastic teams in a multidisciplinary environment
- And (we have no doubt) you are passionate about video games, especially mobile
Joining Ubisoft Paris Mobile also means :
Living a unique experience...
- Integrate a passionate and committed team
- Participate in one of Ubisoft's most ambitious mobile projects
- Increase your skills and work in an international context
... And benefit from numerous advantages :
- 4 free Ubisoft games per year
- Luncheon Voucher
- Refund of 50% of the transport ticket
- Ticket reduction (concerts/shows)
- Access to the Ubisoft gym at preferential rates
- ... and much more!
This position is available now in Montreuil (France) !
So, convinced? Apply online by attaching your portfolio and we will come back to you soon 😊.
Ubisoft is committed to creating an inclusive work environment that reflects the diversity of our player community. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status. All information will be treated as confidential in accordance with the Employment Equity Act.