Content Strategist (User Research Lab)
- Montreal, QC, Canada
The incumbent is in charge of defining the content vision for several internal products, such as a social network, personal dashboard, documentation templates, or enterprise search. Additionally, he/she will work with cross-functional teams to support internal clients with their content management and collaboration platforms.
What you'll do
- Translate client requests and needs into actionable content strategies & recommendations that align with their business objectives;
- Create content strategy deliverables such as content inventories, audits, models, templates and governance documents;
- Prepare and facilitate content workshops with clients, stakeholders or/and end users;
- Interpret user research, analytics, benchmarks, and other data to guide recommendations and roadmaps;
- Define information architectures, taxonomies and metadata strategies (frameworks for grouping and tagging content);
- Work closely with designers, business analysts, and developers to translate sitemaps, information architecture & content management recommendations into development deliverables;
- Collaborate on the creation of a content standards library that aligns with UX patterns and brand guidelines;
- Train internal contributors and website owners on content best practices and support the evolution of content managers within productions and departments;
- Evangelize best practices for user-centered design processes with project teams;
- Influence top managers & stakeholders in order to make "content management" a priority for them & their teams.
What you bring
- 3 to 5 years of experience in a digital communications or content management environment, with a strong understanding of digital product strategy and development
- Experience with information science concepts, such as taxonomy development and metadata application
- Experience with content management systems and intranet products
- Experience working cross-functionally with strategy, creative and technology professionals.
- Candidates must provide recent samples of relevant work demonstrating an ability to analyze user, client and project needs, and develop and execute a relevant content strategy.
Skills & Knowledge:
- Deep knowledge of information architecture and content management concepts and best practices
- Knowledge of user experience best practices
- Ability to lead discussions and workshops with clients
- Ability to teach and educate users and contributors on content management concepts
- Ability to work efficiently as part of a team, balancing multiple projects and prioritizing accordingly
- Ability to balance strategic vision and tactical to-dos
- Committed to ongoing learning and professional development as digital co-working standards evolve
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Ability to maintain a sense of humor while under pressure
- Bilingual proficiency in English and French
Creating the unknown since 1997. At Ubisoft Montreal, we’re united by a common goal: to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. We develop iconic franchises that engage millions around the world, like Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, For Honor, Rainbow Six, Watch Dogs – and, well, we can’t disclose all our secrets just yet.
Our biggest strength is – and always will be – our people: the immensely talented team members surrounding, supporting, and producing the high-quality games that have made our studio what it is today.
When you join Ubi MTL, you’ll discover a workplace that sparks inspiration and connection: an environment with a variety of voices, identities, backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We offer a collaborative space that provides career advancement, a host of learning opportunities, and meaningful benefits centred on well-being.
Here, our shared desire to dream big, take risks, and constantly improve contributes to the innovation and boundary-pushing that ultimately leads to our collective success.
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences.