IT Team Lead - Engineering and Platform
- Montreal, QC, Canada
Creating the unknown since 1997. At Ubisoft Montreal, we’re united by a common goal: to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. We develop iconic franchises that engage millions around the world, like Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, For Honor, Rainbow Six, Watch Dogs – and, well, we can’t disclose all our secrets just yet.
Our biggest strength is – and always will be – our people: the immensely talented team members surrounding, supporting, and producing the high-quality games that have made our studio what it is today.
When you join Ubi MTL, you’ll discover a workplace that sparks inspiration and connection: an environment with a variety of voices, identities, backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We offer a collaborative space that provides career advancement, a host of learning opportunities, and meaningful benefits centred on well-being.
Here, our shared desire to dream big, take risks, and constantly improve contributes to the innovation and boundary-pushing that ultimately leads to our collective success.
The Engineering and Platform team is the creative powerhouse behind Ubisoft’s IT platform: a one-stop destination, offering teams access to services for leveraging clouds and infrastructure in a uniform, self-serve way.
We aim to provide an on prem cloud experience as ambitious as what leading public cloud providers like AWS are offering and our ambition has no limits!
As a team lead managing between 3 and 8 individuals who are working on a Platform service, with a Kubernetes Service for all Ubisoft use cases from video game workloads to customer support tools, your goal will be to ensure we are on track to providing the best possible platform.
- Provide strategic visibility and technical advice to various internal clients whilst understanding their reality & constraints keeping the end users’ satisfaction in mind;
- Communicate effectively with clients to identify needs, evaluate and define solutions;
- Set development priorities and follow up with technical teams, determine the compromises as required to deliver a product that meets client needs on time and on budget;
- Manage a team to ensure smooth execution of IT strategy and clean roll out of projects;
- Create an environment build on trust, open communication, creative thinking, and cohesive team effort;
- Contribute to the team development, expertise evolution, anticipate future needs and proposes training accordingly;
- Set objectives, evaluate team members and participate in performance review;
- Communicate with management within the department or other IT departments according to project needs and specificities.
- Demonstrated experience managing technical IT Teams with good leadership skills and experience managing a team;
- Proven track record with container technologies like Docker, Kubernetes, flannel, CoreOS, Containerd;
- Experience with scripting, programming languages and automation such as Bash, Terraform, Ansible, Chef;
- Enthusiasm of open source software and keen to keep up with latest technology trends and best practices in the industry;
- Experience with Agile methodology;
- Excellent command in spoken & written English and French.
Just a heads up: If you require a work permit, your eligibility may depend on your education and years of relevant work experience, as required by the government.
Skills and competencies show up in different forms and can be based on different experiences, that's why we strongly encourage you to apply even though you may not have all the requirements listed above.
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences.