Platform Architect - PaaS
- Montreal, QC, Canada
Creating the unknown since 1997. At Ubisoft Montreal, we’re united by a common goal: to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. We develop iconic franchises that engage millions around the world, like Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, For Honor, Rainbow Six, Watch Dogs – and, well, we can’t disclose all our secrets just yet.
Our biggest strength is – and always will be – our people: the immensely talented team members surrounding, supporting, and producing the high-quality games that have made our studio what it is today.
When you join Ubi MTL, you’ll discover a workplace that sparks inspiration and connection: an environment with a variety of voices, identities, backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We offer a collaborative space that provides career advancement, a host of learning opportunities, and meaningful benefits centred on well-being.
Here, our shared desire to dream big, take risks, and constantly improve contributes to the innovation and boundary-pushing that ultimately leads to our collective success.
Joining Ubisoft’s IT department, and more specifically in the Engineering and Platform team, which is the creative powerhouse behind Ubisoft’s IT platform: a one-stop destination, offering teams access to services for leveraging clouds and infrastructure in a uniform, self-serve way. We rely on modern infrastructure, leveraging Kubernetes at its core and pushing its boundaries to host platform services in multiple variations.
The entire architecture is composed of microservices and APIs. You’ll be able to work with technologies and subjects like automation, orchestration, containerization, Python, Flask, Go, Terraform, AWS, OPA, GitLabCI …
As a PaaS Architect, you will work with a team of architects in charge of defining technical architectures and overseeing all cross-functional projects of the Engineering and Platform team.
As such, your missions will be as follows:
- Work with technical management to shape the product vision and technical architecture;
- Define governance and best practices for teams in software design, code reviews, automated testing, code analysis, CI/CD, and operations;
- Interpret customer needs into actionable technical solutions;
- Anticipate technological advances, understand the issues created by new industry trends and implement solutions that leverage these changes;
- Work closely with your colleagues on design, code, test planning to ensure the best services are developed and encourage knowledge sharing within the team.
- Extensive experience with Python or Go as well as working with distributed systems and highly reliable services;
- Proficiency in CI/CD environments and surrounding technologies such as GitLab CI, Spinnaker as well as Kubernetes and it’s working;
- Past experience on cloud environments such as AWS, GCP, Azure;
- Experience working in an Agile and DevOps environment;
- Ability to make complex information accessible and communicate easily within distributed teams;
- Bilingualism in written and spoken French and English required.
Just a heads up: If you require a work permit, your eligibility may depend on your education and years of relevant work experience, as required by the government.
Skills and competencies show up in different forms and can be based on different experiences, that's why we strongly encourage you to apply even though you may not have all the requirements listed above.
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences.