- Montreal, QC, Canada
Creating the unknown since 1997. At Ubisoft Montreal, we’re united by a common goal: to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. We develop iconic franchises that engage millions around the world, like Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, For Honor, Rainbow Six, Watch Dogs – and, well, we can’t disclose all our secrets just yet.
Our biggest strength is – and always will be – our people: the immensely talented team members surrounding, supporting, and producing the high-quality games that have made our studio what it is today.
When you join Ubi MTL, you’ll discover a workplace that sparks inspiration and connection: an environment with a variety of voices, identities, backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We offer a collaborative space that provides career advancement, a host of learning opportunities, and meaningful benefits centred on well-being.
Here, our shared desire to dream big, take risks, and constantly improve contributes to the innovation and boundary-pushing that ultimately leads to our collective success.
In this role, you’ll be joining the Engineering and Platform team which is the creative powerhouse behind Ubisoft’s IT platform: a one-stop destination, offering teams access to services for leveraging cloud and infrastructure in a uniform, self-serve way. We rely on modern infrastructure, leveraging Kubernetes at its core and pushing its boundaries to host platform services in multiple variations.
From a software service standpoint, our focus is currently on authentication, authorization, API Gateway, Secret Manager, SDK, service mesh, and database – with much more to come. If you want to be able to work on services from A to Z with the capacity to push forward beautifully written code, this is the team for you.
- Design and develop micro-services, large-scale web services and APIs for PaaS;
- Produce clean, efficient code based on a straightforward development process aiming at reusable, optimal, maintainable solutions as per best practices and modern architecture;
- Work alongside teammates to contribute to architecture requirements and design all while creating technical documentation with an emphasis on quality driven deliverables;
- Work alongside operations team to ensure the support of developed applications in all environments - Identifing and troubleshooting system deficiencies and recommending solutions;
- Enhance build and development tooling and improve things like CI/CD pipelines, as well as code reviews and testing;
- Stay up to date on new technologies in the online services, Open-Source communities and general technology while foster knowledge-sharing.
As part of this team, the stack you’ll be able to touch includes: Python, Flask, Go, Terraform, AWS, OpenStack, Kubernetes, Docker, OPA, GitLabCI. Keep in mind that we will help you acquire these skillsets if you don’t have all of them!
- Solid experience developing large-scale software based on engineering/development best practices;
- Experience working with APIS REST, gRPC, etc. using integrating and developing them;
- Experience in Agile Development / SCRUM with distributed teams – this team is an international team;
- Experience working with DevOps philosophy, having worked with CI/CD pipeline with gitlab CI, Spinnaker or similar;
- Experience with Terraform, Docker, Ansible, Kubernetes;
- Bilingualism French and English is required both orally and in writing.
Just a heads up: If you require a work permit, your eligibility may depend on your education and years of relevant work experience, as required by the government.
Skills and competencies show up in different forms and can be based on different experiences, that's why we strongly encourage you to apply even though you may not have all the requirements listed above.
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences.