Presentation Director [Anno] (f/m/d)
- Mainz, Germany
About Ubisoft Mainz
The teams at Ubisoft Mainz are engineering some of Ubisoft’s biggest blockbusters. Operating from a historic city in the heart of Germany, the studio develops games pushing the limits of the genre like the acclaimed Anno 1800 and lends decades of expertise to AAA co-development projects like Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege and the upcoming Beyond Good And Evil 2. More information at mainz.ubisoft.com.
Anno is a critically acclaimed and award-winning franchise, offering a rich city-building experience and providing players ample opportunity to create huge metropolises, plan efficient logistics networks, explore and settle new lands and dominate their opponents by diplomacy, trade or warfare.
As Presentation Director on our team, you are responsible for crafting the game’s visual identity both at UI and brand level, complementing the existing art direction and creative direction of the game. Additionally, you are responsible for the signs & feedback realization within the game world.
Thanks to your strong collaboration with Marketing & Art Direction and establishment of style guides, you promote graphical consistency for in-game and out-of game assets. You will also act as a visionary team leader who inspires, motivates and supports the UI/UX team.
What you will do:
- Conceptualize and supervise the game’s 2D visual signature and maintain this vision through all development phases
- Contribute to the game’s artistic vision together with the art director to set the style and tone for the game
- Own the design of the user interface and any related in-game visual feedback
- Work together with Game Design, Art and Programming for realisation of signs and feedback
- Ensure high quality, modern interface solutions & screen design and help all contributing artists understand the presentation signature
- Oversee the visual look-and-feel for the game interface including prototyping, conception and animation
- Collaborate on the creation of marketing materials to create a unified visual signature for the game/brand
- Give feedback on the marketing materials and ensure its exceptional artistic quality
- Create presentation guidelines (style guides) that will be used to direct internal and external resources.
- Conceptualize and supervise the production of motion design and motion graphics
- Depending on project needs; oversee the creation of templates and guidelines for internal communication
- Collaborate with external partners from all over the world to ensure consistency in style and quality
- Contribute to play test sessions and adjust presentation elements based on feedback
What you bring:
- 10 years of experience in crafting video game art
- 3 years as a lead artist or experience as art director or presentation director
- Proven UI Experience on at least one shipped title
- Great knowledge in Animation (2d or 3d)
- Profound knowledge of UI implementation processes in video game projects
- Have high quality standards with the ability to communicate them to the team
- Great communication and presentation skills combined with a positive attitude
- Ability to work within tight deadlines and to deliver high quality within a short timeframe
- Good working knowledge on UX related topics (Information hierarchy, UX heuristics, principles of human computer interaction)
- The ability to review the work of other artists and give feedback efficiently and in a clear and constructive manner
- Good ability to anticipate user behavior
- Profound graphic design skills (design, layout, typography)
- Expert in Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects
- A keen eye for composition, color, lighting and mood
- Very good sense for Motion design / Motion graphics
- Knowledge of next gen interface creation workflows with the ability to modify and improve them
- A problem solver mind-set with excellent follow through
- High degree of self-motivation and initiative
- Great communication skills and a positive attitude
- Fluent in English, both verbally and written
* Experience working in an international multi-site production team is a plus
What to send our way:
- Your CV, highlighting your education, experience, and skills
- A cover letter including your earliest starting date, expected salary and why you would like to join us
- A portfolio or demo reel of your work with your application*
*You may do so by providing a link to an online portfolio (preferred), or attaching documents to your resume.
All portfolios must contain a detailed shot breakdown of the work. It must be very clear what you, the applicant, are responsible for in your reel, portfolio etc. The portfolio should further contain the following:
- Relevant Examples of your work (Concept Art, Style Guides)
- Examples of modern layouts, screen design or corporate identity designs
- Examples of dynamic motion design and interface animations
- Relocation Support: We offer financial support in form of a cash allowance and assistance with accommodation search and settle-in support via our relocation partner, for international candidates we offer visa assistance.
- 26 days paid vacation per year. Additionally, you will get half a day off on Christmas Eve and New Year’s Eve and approximately 11 bank holidays in the Mainz region.
- Flexible Working Hours: We have core working times between 10:00 AM – 04:00 PM and the distribution of the other hours is up to you.
- Opportunities for growth on your desired career path: Leadership training, workshops, guest speakers from the industry, online Ubisoft learning platform, coaches, Experts and library.
- Company Pension Scheme. We offer an attractive scheme through salary sacrificing in which the employer also matches contributions
- Up to 350€ childcare support per child per month. In addition, we also offer 5 ‘care for ill children days’ per child per year.
- Discounted Games. We regularly order Ubisoft Games for super cheap prices for our employees.
- Gym Subsidy. We contribute 50% (up to a maximum amount of 25€) towards the monthly cost of a gym membership of your choice.
- Monthly Mobility Budget. 80€ per month that can be used on bicycle lease, parking spot rental or public transportation ticket.
- Our Ubisoft Blue Byte Academy offers multiple opportunities for you to discover your full potential and develop yourself in various areas.
- English and German classes for free. Main language in the studio is English.
- Free fresh Fruit, Coffee, Tea and Water. Enjoy fresh fruit and beverages in our office.
We offer a highly motivating challenge for team players interested in showing personal initiative in an innovative and international company. If you are passionate about video games and would like to join an industry leader - please apply via our career portal.
For further information, please check https://mainz.ubisoft.com/en/