- Cary, NC, USA
Ubisoft is one of the world's biggest creators, publishers and distributors of videogames and interactive services. The group has a broad portfolio of internationally renowned brands such as Assassin's Creed, Ghost Recon, Just Dance, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Rainbow Six...
Supported by a worldwide network of studios and distribution subsidiaries, the teams at Ubisoft are dedicated to offering players original and unforgettable game experiences on all popular platforms, including consoles, smartphones, tablets and PCs.
As an Animator working at Red Storm, you will build high-quality motions through planning and editing motion capture data and creating keyframe animation. You will also integrate animations into the game engine using a node graph. Work closely with the Lead Artist and Producer to address all issues related to the project’s animation. This includes establishing the animation style, defining the workflow, and communicating important schedule information. You will work in a range of styles while ensuring the visual quality and gameplay of the product through tuning (rebuilding), bug fixing, and playtesting.
- Create the content of the game – Work with motion capture data and build keyframe animations to create high-quality simple to complex biped and quadruped animation sets. Efficiently integrate animations into the game engine using a node graph. Work within the established technical specifications and process for building. Use knowledge to maximize game content within these constraints while maintaining a clear understanding and appreciation of schedules and milestones.
- Match the animations to the look and feel of the game - Ability to work under a Lead Artist, staying within the established aesthetics of the project. As established by the Lead Artist, each artist has a chance to contribute to the vision of the animation by pushing to achieve the highest quality possible within the specifications.
- Be proactive - Work effectively with Technical Lead and Art Lead so that they are aware of concerns and issues dealing with animation production.
- Be self-driven - Produce work in an efficient and timely manner, adhering to an agreed-upon schedule.
- Be diligent - Ensure quality of related assets by maintaining responsibility over animations throughout the project’s development including fixing bugs, assigned by project leads.
- Provide support to games in production - Contribute to the success of the team, and the studio, through your personal contribution to the product.
- Provide team/company support - Each team member is expected to provide feedback on ideas, features, gameplay, and process. Collaborate with engineers on tools and techniques.
- Strong skills animating humans, animals, and/or objects such as weapons or vehicles apparent in portfolio.
- Key Frame Animation Experience
- Experience in character rigging, skinning, and weighting
- Extensive knowledge of 3D Studio MAX, Maya, or preferably Motion Builder
- 1-3 Years of experience animating characters for a shipped game required.
- PC or console game experience, relevant undergraduate degree, and/or equivalent experience preferred
- Motion Capture Animation Experience a plus
- 3D modeling and texturing skills a plus
- Ability to understand and take direction.
- Experience with node graphs or a desire to learn
- Strong artistic, verbal, and written communication skills
- Extensive knowledge of games in all genres across all platforms
- Strong interpersonal skills able to interact with team members of different disciplines
- Willingness to observe, absorb and modify own work based on many avenues of artistic criticism
- Deep passion for games as a craft
- Good positive attitude and outlook
- Familiarity with Red Storm products
- Candidates for this position are required to provide samples at the time of application. Web portfolio format is preferred, CDs is also an acceptable format. Any resumes submitted without a portfolio or web link will not be considered.
- Subsidized paid medical and dental insurance for employees and dependents
- Paid life, accidental death & dismemberment, short- and long-term disability insurance
- Paid holidays
- Flexible work schedule
All of your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.