Animator - [Avatar Frontiers] (f/m/d)
- Düsseldorf, Germany
About Ubisoft Düsseldorf
Ubisoft Düsseldorf is home to several teams dedicated to deliver AAA excellence and innovation across a wide portfolio of games and technologies. The studio is leading the development of beloved Ubisoft games like The Settlers and the innovative VR escape room experience Prince of Persia: The Dagger of Time. As renowned co-developers within the Ubisoft group, Ubisoft Düsseldorf contributes to high profile projects such as Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora, Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege, Snowdrop and Ubisoft Connect.
Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora
As part of Avatar Frontiers of Pandora you will play an instrumental role in bringing to life the beautiful and dangerous world of Pandora. This is a unique opportunity to keep growing your experience in games while working hand in hand with Disney’s creative minds and James Cameron's production company, Lightstorm Entertainment.
What You'll do
As a part of our animation team, you will work with our passionate gameplay team to craft stunning and realistic character animations, with the support from both technical animators and tech/tools programmers to create character and game play animation that will create a memorable and immersive experience for all our players.
- Using the power of the snowdrop engine to create stunning gameplay animations to breathe life into the world.
- Collaborating with the Art Director, Lead Animator, designers and programmers to craft compelling gameplay sequences that fit the visual style of the project.
- Continuously push the quality of character and creature animation to the highest level.
- Coordination with artists and leads to proactively solve problems and deliver on schedule.
- Provide skinning for complex characters and creatures.
- Collaborating with other Ubisoft teams around the world on a daily basis.
What you bring
Our new team member would have a high degree of self-motivation and initiative. You'll be able to communicate well and have a keen eye for motion, weight, timing and animation with the ability to create content working within the animation style of the project.
As a passionate and valued animator on the team you will be positive and forward thinking and be able to anticipate the needs of your project.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience as an Animator in game development
- A strong understanding of rigging, skinning, keyframe animation, motion capturing and procedural animation.
- Proven experience on at least one shipped title.
- Working knowledge of Maya, Motion Builder, 3DSMAX, and/or other commercial 3D authoring packages.
- Experience working with complex animation systems and animation stat
What we Bring
We offer a highly motivating opportunity for team players interested in showing personal initiate in an innovative and international company. If you are passionate about video games and would like to join an industry leader please apply via our career portal.
- Relocation and Visa Support
- 26 days paid vacation per year. Additionally, you will get half a day off on Christmas Eve and New Year’s Eve and 11 bank holidays
- Our Ubisoft Blue Byte Academy offers multiple opportunities for you to discover your full potential and develop yourself in various areas.
- Opportunities for growth on your desired career path: Leadership training, workshops, guest speakers from the industry, online Ubisoft learning platform, coaches, Experts and library.
- German classes for free. Main language in the studio is English.
- Company Pension Scheme
- Up to 350€ childcare support per child per month.
- Discounted Games and all games on Ubisoft Connect for PC
- Gym Subsidy. We contribute 50% (up to a maximum amount of 25€) towards the monthly cost of a gym membership of your choice.
- Monthly Mobility Budget. 80€
- All Legal residents of Germany are entitled to free public healthcare
For us to review your application it would be great to see a portfolio of your work together with your application.
It would be great if it contain:
- Examples of character animation (full body motion, emotions etc.)
- Examples of animation style variety
- Examples of environment animation or visual effects
- Examples of animation rigs and their functionality in a 3D package
For further information please check: