Senior Concept Artist [Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora]
- Malmö, Sweden
Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora™ is a first-person, action-adventure game developed by Massive Entertainment – a Ubisoft studio in collaboration with Lightstorm Entertainment and Disney. Built using the latest iteration of the Snowdrop engine, and developed exclusively for the new generation of consoles and PC, Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora brings to life the alluring world of Pandora with all of its beauty and danger in an immersive, open-world experience.
As a Senior Concept Artist at Massive, you'll collaborate with a team of Concept Artists to help us enhance, design, and create the immersive world of Pandora. You’ll work closely with our Art Director to help build and realize the game's vision, sharing feedback and insights with your team. You'll also collaborate with other multidisciplinary specialists, guiding concepts for environments, props, and characters within the Avatar lore.
This is a permanent position based in Malmö Sweden and requires working onsite. We kindly ask you to apply with your CV and message to the hiring manager in English. Applications will be reviewed whilst the job ad is posted.
- Leading the development of high-quality art for our AAA game(s), from concept to completion;
- Researching and proposing concept references together with the Art Director;
- Preparing creative concepts for internal and external production teams;
- Ensuring a productive workflow with artists and external partners, through briefs, daily communication, and by providing clear feedback to ensure that deliverables are completed at quality, and to specification;
- Understanding and evangelizing the visual style of the game;
- Organizing and updating work and backlog using project management/planning tools (e.g. JIRA);
- Working together with producers, leads, directors, and other teams to push the quality and creativity of the project.
You have a passion for films and game concept art, with an observational and research-oriented style. Your ability to see both the big-picture and deliver high-quality, detailed art concepts will set you up for success in this role. You're ready to bring your ideas to the table, pushing creativity and innovation through to our partners, since you know what will work in the final game. It's also your passion and understanding of the Division IP that makes you great at communicating feedback and getting your point across, leaving everyone involved with a clear direction to head in.
Besides the above we’re looking for someone aligned with our core values and the following skills and experience:
- A relevant portfolio is required (we'd like to see a variety of your work and in different styles);
- You have experience as a concept artist (or similar role) through various game production/development cycles;
- Experience leading art on projects, preferably using agile project management;
- Ability to create concepts of characters, props, and environments to AAA standard;
- Tools - working knowledge with Adobe Photoshop (photo-bashing), 3D, and familiarity with game engines (e.g. Unity & Unreal);
- Ideally, you also have experience taking/guiding your Concept Art from scratch through to realization, and a finished 3D asset. Whether by yourself or working together with other 3D-Artists.
Massive Entertainment is a world-leading AAA studio located in Malmö Sweden and is part of the Ubisoft family. We’re a multinational team of more than 650 passionate and highly skilled people from 50+ different countries. Our studio’s goal has always been – and still is – to craft the finest gaming experiences for all players.
At Massive, you get to do what you love most while bringing your own experience to our ongoing projects, like Tom Clancy’s The Division 2, Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora, and The Star Wars Project. We're also developing new tech here, such as our in-house engine Snowdrop, and Ubisoft Connect - Ubisoft's digital ecosystem and distribution platform.
All your application information will be kept confidential according to EEO & GDPR guidelines.