Lead Technical Level Designer [Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora]
- Malmö, Sweden
Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora™ is a first-person, action-adventure game developed by Massive Entertainment – a Ubisoft studio in collaboration with Lightstorm Entertainment and Disney. Built using the latest iteration of the Snowdrop engine, and developed exclusively for the new generation of consoles and PC, Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora brings to life the alluring world of Pandora with all of its beauty and danger in an immersive, open-world experience.
As a Lead Technical Level Designer at Massive you'll get to mentor a small team of Technical Designers, whilst collaborating with a huge variety of multi-disciplined designers, and directly influence both our production workflows, and how our engine advances - Snowdrop.
This is a permanent position based in Malmö Sweden and requires working onsite. We kindly ask you to apply with your CV and message to the hiring manager in English. Applications will be reviewed whilst the job ad is posted.
- Leading and mentoring a team of Technical Level Designers;
- Collaborating with engineering & design teams to develop new technologies and suggest solutions for new/ongoing issues;
- Developing guidelines to optimize workflows;
- Prototyping features, ideas, and workflows rapidly to assess for feature implementation;
- Detailing, maintaining, and presenting systems and scripts/nodes during development.
You are curious, proactive, solutions orientated, and service-minded - but most importantly, you're passionate about games and game production! You're an excellent communicator in English (our company language), which allows you to collaborate and build strong working relationships with multiple stakeholders; breaking down technical info and making it digestible for all audiences.
Besides the above we’re looking for someone aligned with our core values and the following skills and experience:
- Ideally you have a portfolio showcasing your relevant skills;
- Shipped at least 1 major AAA project in a Lead role;
- Proven professional experience in a directly related Tech LD/LD/GD role, ideally working with systemic ingredients, cut-scenes and improving toolsets;
- Proficient in Visual Scripting and industry leading game engines (e.g. Unity/Unreal);
- Solid understanding of the video game development process, milestones and workflow;
- Ability to draft technical documents;
- A relevant degree in Game/Level Design, a similar field, or equivalent work experience
Massive Entertainment is a world-leading AAA studio located in Malmö Sweden and is part of the Ubisoft family. We’re a multinational team of more than 650 passionate and highly skilled people from 50+ different countries. Our studio’s goal has always been – and still is – to craft the finest gaming experiences for all players.
At Massive, you get to do what you love most while bringing your own experience to our ongoing projects, like Tom Clancy’s The Division 2, Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora, and The Star Wars Project. We're also developing new tech here, such as our in-house engine Snowdrop, and Ubisoft Connect - Ubisoft's digital ecosystem and distribution platform.
All your application information will be kept confidential according to EEO & GDPR guidelines.