Gameplay Animator [Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora]
- Malmö, Sweden
Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora™ is a first person, action-adventure game developed by Massive Entertainment – a Ubisoft studio in collaboration with Lightstorm Entertainment and Disney. Built using the latest iteration of the Snowdrop engine, and developed exclusively for the new generation of consoles and PC, Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora brings to life the alluring world of Pandora with all of its beauty and danger in an immersive, open world experience.
As a Gameplay Animator at Massive, you’ll help to craft stunning gameplay features. You’ll work closely with our talented team of Tech Artists, Tech Animators, Designers, and Programmers. This is a great opportunity if your interests peak beyond animation.
- Working in our game engine to develop and support Gameplay Animation Systems
- Working with both key-frame and motion capture animation to bring our characters to life
- Collaborating with Tech Art, Tech Animation, Design, and Code to build compelling gameplay animation systems
- Continue to innovate and push the animation boundaries
- Work alongside your Lead, Design, Code and peers to proactively solve complex problems, with the goal of delivering content on time
- When needed, opportunities to work with and direct Motion Capture shoots
This is a permanent position based in Malmö Sweden and requires working onsite. We kindly ask for you to apply with your CV, portfolio, and message to the hiring manager/cover letter in English. Applications will be reviewed whilst the job-ad is posted.
You as a person
Your history of delivering high-quality, but at the same time creative animations where the boundaries of what animation means in a game is pushed, makes you a source for inspiration when collaborating with other disciplines. Your ability to see the bigger picture makes you a reliable team player and efficient communicator when finding the best solution to both long and short-term challenges.
Besides the above we’re looking for someone aligned with our core values and the following skills and experience:
- Proven professional Gameplay Animation experience
- Relevant and updated demo-reel
- Experience working within Unreal and/or Unity, or similar engines
- Experience in bipedal, creature, and mechanical animation
- Experience with both key-frame and motion capture animation
- Experience with facial animation is a plus
- AAA and Gameplay Animation Systems experience is a plus
Good to know
As we aim to build a team who continuously push the boundaries of what’s possible within game development (and because we love to learn and grow from the people around us), we might ask you to do a practical test as a part of the recruitment process. We look forward to receiving your application and learning more about you. Meanwhile, please check-out the videos posted below and our employee perks here, to gain greater insight into life at Massive.
Massive Entertainment is a world-leading AAA studio located in Malmö, Sweden and part of the Ubisoft family. We’re a multinational team of more than 650 passionate and highly skilled people from 50+ different countries. Our studio’s goal has always been – and still is – to craft the finest gaming experiences for all players.
At Massive, you get to do what you love most while bringing your own experience to our ongoing projects, like Tom Clancy’s The Division 2, Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora, and The Star Wars Project. We're also developing new tech here, such as our in-house engine Snowdrop, and Ubisoft Connect - Ubisoft's digital ecosystem and distribution platform. All your application information will be kept confidential according to EEO & GDPR guidelines.