- Montreal, QC, Canada
As a UI Director at Ubi MTL, you are in charge of the quality and content of graphic and audiovisual productions. You will ensure that the elements produced are aligned with the game's vision and propose creative and innovative ideas and concepts.
Collaborating closely with artists and designers across production teams, you’ll support them in pushing concepts further, producing consistent work, and enhancing player experiences through impactful visuals.
What you’ll do
- Propose graphic or audiovisual concepts based on the client's brief in the form of a synopsis, mood board or sketch;
- Define the artistic style of the graphic or audiovisual mandate inspired from the game's artistic direction (reference films, competing games and design documents);
- Ensure that the artistic vision is communicated through the visual identity;
- Create lit and original concepts that support the game's positioning with the various project teams;
- Communicate expectations to the production team assigned to the mandate and ensure the quality and content of the ambiances, sets, characters, narration, etc. using visual references and documents that describe the artistic direction;
- Follow up and validate the team's finished work so the elements produced are in line with the initial brief and the game's vision, and ensure that the quality is respected;
- Work directly with the project director and artists;
- Produce documents such as GAP (Game Artistic Personality), brief, guide style;
- Carry out all other related tasks.
What you bring
- Around 10 years of UI, visual design, branding, or art direction experience (in the video game industry, a huge plus) or other relevant experience
- A degree in Graphic Design, Communications, Multimedia, or equivalent
- An understanding of art fundamentals and artistic culture
- In-depth knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite, Photoshop, and 3D software (e.g. 3DS Max)
- The ability to give constructive feedback and to convey an artistic direction + make it a shared goal
- A highly creative, collaborative, and innovative spirit
- Open-mindedness: you’re receptive to new ideas and fresh perspectives
- Solid interpersonal and presentation skills
- Effective cross-departmental communication: you have the know-how to communicate with tech and creative teams alike
- A willingness to roll up your sleeves to get the job done!
What to send our way
- Your CV, highlighting your experience, education, and skills
- A portfolio of your best work (attach images or send us a link to your personal website or online portfolio)
A real live person will review your application. In this case, it’s our talent acquisition specialist Alexis. As he learns more about you through your profile, get to know him through the video below.
Creating the unknown since 1997. At Ubisoft Montreal, we’re united by a common goal: to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. We develop iconic franchises that engage millions around the world, like Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, For Honor, Rainbow Six, Watch Dogs – and, well, we can’t disclose all our secrets just yet.
Our biggest strength is – and always will be – our people: the immensely talented team members surrounding, supporting, and producing the high-quality games that have made our studio what it is today.
When you join Ubi MTL, you’ll discover a workplace that sparks inspiration and connection: an environment with a variety of voices, identities, backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We offer a collaborative space that provides career advancement, a host of learning opportunities, and meaningful benefits centred on well-being. Here, our shared desire to dream big, take risks, and constantly improve contributes to the innovation and boundary-pushing that ultimately leads to our collective success.