Technical Animator [Avatar Frontiers] (f/m/d)
- Düsseldorf, Germany
About Ubisoft Düsseldorf
Ubisoft Düsseldorf is home to several teams dedicated to deliver AAA excellence and innovation across a wide portfolio of games and technologies. The studio is leading the development of beloved Ubisoft games like The Settlers and the innovative VR escape room experience Prince of Persia: The Dagger of Time. As renowned co-developers within the Ubisoft group, Ubisoft Düsseldorf contributes to high profile projects such as Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora, Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege, Snowdrop and Ubisoft Connect.
Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora
As part of Avatar Frontiers of Pandora, you will play an instrumental role in bringing to life the beautiful and dangerous world of Pandora. This is a unique opportunity to keep growing your experience in games while working hand in hand with Disney’s creative minds and James Cameron's production company, Lightstorm Entertainment.
What You'll do
As our new Technical Animator you will have the opportunity to craft stunning character and creature rigs while creating tools used by the art, technical art and animation teams
- Develop and support character/creature motion and deformation systems
- Deformation setup of character rigs and implementation into the game engine
- Cooperation with other Ubisoft teams all around the world on a daily basis
- Collaborate with modelers to create models which meets technical requirements
- Collaborate with animators to design motion controls and tools
- Daily support for Art and Tech teams.
- Developing tools & scripts to streamline the setup process
- Collaborates with Tech-Art Department, Art-Department, Programmers
What you bring
Our new team member would have a high degree of self-motivation and initiative. You'll be able to communicate well and have a keen eye for rigging
As a passionate and valued lead animator on the team you will be positive and forward thinking and be able to anticipate the needs of your project.
- Good knowledge of Python, (C#, C++ a plus)
- Good knowledge of Maya, an/or MotionBuilder, 3DMax
- Knowledge of tools used in the parametric creation of nodes
- Good understanding of Human, Facial and Animal Anatomy
- Experience working on shipped titles for consoles and/or pcs, as Technical Artist (Rigger).
- Solid understanding of art optimization techniques.
- Experience and understanding of art/animation pipelines for game engines
- Ability to think creatively to overcome technical challenges.
- Experience in video-game production as Technical Artist, Character / Rigging (minimum 3 years).
- Good oral and written English
What we Bring
We offer a highly motivating opportunity for team players interested in showing personal initiate in an innovative and international company. If you are passionate about video games and would like to join an industry leader please apply via our career portal.
- Relocation and Visa Support
- 26 days paid vacation per year. Additionally, you will get half a day off on Christmas Eve and New Year’s Eve and 11 bank holidays
- Our Ubisoft Blue Byte Academy offers multiple opportunities for you to discover your full potential and develop yourself in various areas.
- Opportunities for growth on your desired career path: Leadership training, workshops, guest speakers from the industry, online Ubisoft learning platform, coaches, Experts and library.
- German classes for free. Main language in the studio is English.
- Company Pension Scheme
- Up to 350€ childcare support per child per month.
- Discounted Games and all games on Ubisoft Connect for PC
- Gym Subsidy. We contribute 50% (up to a maximum amount of 25€) towards the monthly cost of a gym membership of your choice.
- Monthly Mobility Budget. 80€
- All Legal residents of Germany are entitled to free public healthcare
For us to review your application it would be great to see a portfolio of your work together with your application.
It would be great if it contain:
- A detailed shot breakdown of your work, including what you are responsible for in your reel, portfolio, screenshots etc.
- Scripts or application examples, code samples.
- Examples of rigs and tools for character creation
For further information please check: