Android Developer [Snowdrop] (f/m/d)
- Düsseldorf, Germany
About Ubisoft Düsseldorf
Ubisoft Düsseldorf is home to several teams dedicated to deliver AAA excellence and innovation across a wide portfolio of games and technologies. The studio is leading the development of beloved Ubisoft games like The Settlers and the innovative VR escape room experience Prince of Persia: The Dagger of Time. As renowned co-developers within the Ubisoft group, Ubisoft Düsseldorf contributes to high profile projects such as Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege, Snowdrop and Ubisoft Connect.
The Snowdrop engine is efficient and flexible, enabling relatively small teams to create ambitious AAA games. At the core of the Snowdrop engine, we want to empower the developers.
When using Snowdrop, the artists, the designers and the animators have full power and control over the engine to achieve their ideas and vision. Snowdrop is a dynamic and interconnected system, which makes it intuitive and very easy to use.
The Snowdrop engine, with its flexible and empowering tools, has helped develop a number of Ubisoft titles such as The Division, The Settlers, and South Park.
What You'll Do
As a part of the Snowdrop team you will be essential to help us develop the mobile pillar of Snowdrop. You will get the opportunity to create the technical backbone of the game and production pipeline.
Through a focus on visualization related technologies, from low-level to high-level, you provide all the development teams with technical solutions to produce and carry out their vision and intentions into the game.
You will develop engines, tools and systems to ensure optimal and sustainable performance of the game and pipeline.
- Focus on making our games shine on Android
- Work on multiple areas such as memory management, asset loading and streaming, physics, audio and other platform specific systems
- Research, design, implement and maintain graphics modules with a strong focus on reusability and Android platform characteristics
- Maintain and extend the existing technology and frameworks, safeguarding and improving stability
- Work on improving existing systems and identifying new opportunities
- Provide technical foundation for features
- Analyze and improve performance and memory footprint of engine and pipeline features for all target platforms
- Work with the team on improving game stability and service reliability
What You bring
Our new team member would have a high degree of self-motivation and initiative. You'll be able to communicate well and thrive in a innovate and creative work environment.
- Experience with native code: C/C++
- Android architecture and systems knowledge
- Knowledge of industry standard hardware architectures
- Good knowledge of advanced mathematics
- Ability to work with large, existing code bases
- Good oral and written English
- Experience with current rendering APIs like Metal is a bonus
- Experience with graphic engines is a bonus
What We Bring
We offer a opportunity for you to create and improve a cutting edge game engine and join a industry leader.
- Relocation and Visa Support
- 26 days paid vacation per year. Additionally, you will get half a day off on Christmas Eve and New Year’s Eve and 11 bank holidays
- Our Ubisoft Blue Byte Academy offers multiple opportunities for you to discover your full potential and develop yourself in various areas.
- Opportunities for growth on your desired career path: Leadership training, workshops, guest speakers from the industry, online Ubisoft learning platform, coaches, Experts and library.
- German classes for free. Main language in the studio is English.
- Company Pension Scheme
- Up to 350€ childcare support per child per month.
- Discounted Games and all games on Ubisoft Connect for PC
- Gym Subsidy. We contribute 50% (up to a maximum amount of 25€) towards the monthly cost of a gym membership of your choice.
- Monthly Mobility Budget. 80€
- All Legal residents of Germany are entitled to free public healthcare
For further information please check www.bluebyte.de and www.ubisoft.com/snowdrop