Senior Game Designer - 1492 Studio (M/W/NB)
- Paris, France
At Ubisoft Mobile, we invent the future of video games by developing new experiences, original gameplay and innovative consumption methods, accessible anytime, anywhere.
Join the adventure. You’ll be involved in everything from adapting the biggest licenses to creating games from scratch. The diversity of our gaming portfolio is matched only by the variety of our gameplay styles. From Hungry Shark to Is-It Love and Might & Magic to Assassin's Creed Rebellion, you will thrill players across the globe in solo experiences, playing against millions of enemies in real time or with their friends around the world.
At Ubisoft Mobile, we share the same vision of a caring work environment, nurtured by the diversity of our expertise and personalities. We believe that by applying this mindset we can have a bigger impact.
1492 Studio, which joined the Ubisoft family in 2018, was founded by two experts of Free To Play games ecosystem. The Studio is behind the hit games "Is it Love?" and continues to develop new universes and new games around the world.
Our playground? Narrative adventures: romance, suspense etc ...: we play with emotions and we aim to be always more inspiring to our players.
Knowing that our players get caught up in our stories and our games is what drives the team every day.
We regularly expand our Mystery Spell (Drogo, Sebastian etc.) and Carter Corp (Ryan, Matt etc.) universes, we create longrunners with Blue Swann Hospital and Fallen Road and we develop ambitious projects to feed our very committed community.
In short, we are growing!
Within our UX & Design team and reporting to our UX Manager, your role will be to support the team and the Studio in the creation of new features in our "Is It Love?" games, adapted to our universes, and meeting both the expectations and desires of our players and revenue issue we need to adress in our games.
- Create and improve game systems aligned with the creative and narrative vision of our games and the target audience;
- Propose new features according to your market / competitive intelligence as well as innovative features, capable of optimizing the player experience that can improve retention and monetization, while guaranteeing an ever-rich gaming experience for our players.
- Elaborate the design of these new features, in relation with the other teams of the Studio
- Produce rich and detailed documentation on all aspects of the game, for Production teams.
- Create engaging interfaces in collaboration with UI team
- Work with Artists and Programmers to ensure the proper implementation of game features
- Analyze KPIs and propose improvements accordingly;
- Keep a watch on new trends in games, design and gameplay mechanics
- Manage a junior Game Designer
If you see yourself in the following description, you're the one!
- You already have significant experience (s) in Game Design in mobile video games, ideally on narrative projects (otomegame, visual novels for example) or with a strong editorial dimension.
- You have already worked on F2P projects, whether on Mobile or PC / Console, or you are interested in this rich and constantly evolving field.
- Your combined expertise in UX, features writing and balancing makes you a real Swiss Army knife; You are said to be the queen / king of clear and structured GD documentation!
- You are versatile and are recognized for your excellent communication skills (oral and written);
- You have good analytical skills, know how to read and juggle the quantified data and the qualitative data that we send you (or that you go to look for! :)
- You're obviously able to speak English in a professional environment.
The little extra:
- You are comfortable with the Unity 3D engine and able to balance your playing rules and implement your level designs yourself.
- You are passionate about narrative video games, ideally otome games!
We are an equal-opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, and age or disability status.