Lead Programmer - Core Gameplay [Unannounced Project]
- Stockholm, Sweden
Have you ever played a game where you just couldn’t stop thinking about how they made the controls and movement feel so right? Are you driven by design that can simply be enjoyed by anyone?
We are looking for a Lead Programmer within core gameplay for an ambitious unannounced project here in Stockholm Sweden.
As our Lead Programmer, you will have daily interactions with the Design craft to drive implementation of game mechanics for captivating our players. However, core gameplay responsibility is not limited to creating nimble mechanics as it is even more important to ensure you get the best feel when playing it! You will be leading this effort in a craft-based team and be responsible for the delivery of these systems to various stakeholders.
We know you have fantastical powers and for us it is important you get to show your magic. To do this, we are creating strong autonomous teams with independent decision-making, and freedom to try out new things and show why it works. For us it is important that you get to shine by being creative: to take deliberate decisions, poke hole in things when required, navigate through known pitfalls and care for your craft by honoring your commitments.
In this role, you’ll be joining the Gameplay craft on the project and report to the Technical Director. You will manage and coach a team of programmers with complementary skills, driving 1-on-1’s and setting individual career goals throughout the year.
- Collaborate with designers in finding the best solution to enable new mechanics.
- Ensure newly developed features and systems meet expectations and is coherent with existing code.
- Perform design- and code-reviews with team members.
- Ensure your team can work efficiently and identify opportunities for workflow improvements.
- Document your work so as to transfer knowledge and enable users how to use the new systems and functionalities.
- Analyze and correct bugs identified by people from other crafts, development testers or you and your peers.
- Estimate time to accomplish programming tasks and commit to meeting all objectives.
- Coaching and career planning with members of your team.
We would love if you...
- Have several years’ experience of senior responsibility, developing and shipping larger game projects.
- Have a master’s degree in computer science or computer engineering, or equivalent training or experience.
- Have a genuine interest in game development and a curiosity for the games industry.
- Have good understanding of C/C++, including refactoring, optimization, debugging and testing.
- Have knowledge of asynchronous and multithreaded application development and architecture
- Have experience in profiling and low-level optimizations.
- Know how to follow software engineering principles and other best practices in your craft.
- Are used to working in an international environment and to express yourself fluently in English.
Apply to make it yours
Read more about us at: http://stockholm.ubisoft.com/
Making good games takes effort, making great games takes a different type of thinking.
Are you a game designer, artist or engineer? Cool. How about a chemist, economist or social scientist? Let’s talk. At Ubisoft Stockholm, we feel different thinking comes from many places and that good ideas, no matter where they come from, are the key to unlocking our potential.
Located in the storied Östermalm neighborhood in Stockholm Sweden, we believe thinking of new ways to solve old problems is a cornerstone of innovation and we are looking for passionate people who follow their dreams to make the world a better place.
We know there is a better way to making great games.