DevOps Engineer [Unannounced Project]
- Stockholm, Sweden
Are you always thinking of ways to improve and automate parts of your job? Can you defend against common bottle necks in today’s production pipelines to make an infrastructure shine?
We are looking for a DevOps Engineer to further-develop our infrastructure for an ambitious unannounced project here in Stockholm Sweden.
As our DevOps Engineer, you’ll evaluate, adjust and deliver support for our production pipeline (builds, tools, configurations) as an embedded part in cross functional teams. You will be our guiding light for version control, data consistency and gain insight of the multiple build systems we use globally at Ubisoft. Furthermore, you will have opportunity to drive design and implementation of our project infrastructure, prototype and reiterate as needed, establishing a strong backbone to strengthen our platform.
We know you have amazing powers and for us it is important you get to show your magic. Setting your stage, we are creating strong autonomous teams with independent decision-making, freedom to try out new things and show why it works. For us it is important that you get to shine by being creative: to take deliberate decisions, poke holes in things when required, to navigate through known pitfalls and care for your craft by honoring your commitments.
In this role, you’ll be working closely with our cross-functional teams in production (programmers, content creators, etc) and directly report to our IT Manager, tying the parts together. It will be important for you to create connections across the studio, create effortless channels of communication and manage daily interaction with the users of our services.
In this role you will...
- Ensure a healthy culture of DevOps methodology & thinking together with our technical leadership
- Manage Perforce end-user support alongside back-end administration of Perforce instances including branch management and integration support.
- Deliver builds to Development & testers and supervise the consistency of data and versioning.
- Identify tool support requirements and proactively discuss requirements with the Tools Team
- Provide a support role for production tools to users within the studio and its projects, including configuration of workstations & tools.
- Monitor build systems for failures and errors and flag these to our development team and testers as appropriate.
- Proactively develop an understanding of multiple build system technologies used within Ubisoft.
- Develop and iterate on prototypes for infrastructure scalability and evaluate performance.
- Identify and manage risk & uncertainty within the infrastructure.
- Create and maintain documentation to guide collaborating teams on best practices.
We would love if you...
- Have significant experience as a Sys Admin or similar role managing infrastructure services
- Have a technical understanding of pipelines and production tools and the ability to identify bottlenecks or other areas for improvement.
- Have knowledge of CI/CD pipelines and best practices.
- Have experience managing larger source/versioning control systems
- How how to run production critical services with an interest in automation.
- Are naturally curious and alert to new developments in the field.
- Have an interest in safekeeping and organizing data with strong work ethics around this.
- Have an interest in scripting and/or programming.
- You are used to working in an international environment and to express yourself fluently in English.
Apply to make it yours
Read more about us at: http://stockholm.ubisoft.com/
Making good games takes effort, making great games takes a different type of thinking.
Are you a game designer, artist or engineer? Cool. How about a chemist, economist or social scientist? Let’s talk. At Ubisoft Stockholm, we feel different thinking comes from many places and that good ideas, no matter where they come from, are the key to unlocking our potential.
Located in the storied Östermalm neighborhood in Stockholm Sweden, we believe thinking of new ways to solve old problems is a cornerstone of innovation and we are looking for passionate people who follow their dreams to make the world a better place.
We know there is a better way to making great games.