Technical Narrative Designer [Unannounced Game]
- Stockholm, Sweden
Do you frequently find yourself thinking about how to make a game world even more immersive and believable? Are you able to create a quick prototype yourself to test your ideas? Join us today!
We are looking for a Technical Narrative Designer to help shape the player narrative experience in an ambitious unannounced project here in Stockholm Sweden.
As our Technical Narrative Designer, you’ll be looking into design and implementation of procedural systems that will drive the narrative for our game and enable our players to experience emergent stories and memorable moments. The focus for this role will be on story and experience design, so even if you never written a single line of dialogue you are highly encouraged to apply!
We know you're passionate about games, and for us it's important that you get to thrive and succeed in a creative environment. To achieve this, we are creating strong autonomous teams who make decisions independently, having the freedom to try out new things and show why they work. For us it is important that you get to shine by being creative in your role: to take deliberate decisions, poke holes in things, navigate through known pitfalls when required to and care for your craft by honoring your commitments.
In this role, you’ll join our Narrative team and you will be reporting directly to our Narrative Director. Besides working within our narrative team, you will also be interfacing and collaborating with artists, designers, audio, and programming teams to find opportunities to enhance the narrative experience for our players.
In this role you will...
- Participate in establishing the core narrative experiences that we want to be able to deliver to our players.
- Work with the Narrative Director to design the procedural portions of the game’s narrative systems, including basic prototyping, testing, and validation.
- Create and maintain documentation for narrative systems to a level where they can be implemented.
- Collaborate with the rest of the narrative team to populate narrative systems, including content creation, creating content specs, and helping to create toolchains to enable content creation.
- Test, iterate and refine narrative systems both prior to and post launch.
We would love if you...
- Are easily self-motivated, have experience with goal setting and follow-up, and believe in being a strong team player.
- Have experience from game design or system design in games.
- Are skilled in story design, writing, plotting, or scenario creation, and have experience in delivering player-centric narrative moments. This could be in computer games, or in other media such as tabletop RPGs, larp, or interactive theatre.
- Are happy being at heart of things and used to working in an international environment where you easily can express yourself fluently in English.
- Have working knowledge of various game creation tools (e.g. Unreal, Unity).
Read more about us at: http://stockholm.ubisoft.com/
Apply now to make it yours
Making good games takes effort, making great games takes a different type of thinking.
Are you a game designer, artist or engineer? Cool. How about a chemist, economist or social scientist? Let’s talk. At Ubisoft Stockholm, we feel different thinking comes from many places and that good ideas, no matter where they come from, are the key to unlocking our potential.
Located in the storied Östermalm neighborhood in Stockholm Sweden, we believe thinking of new ways to solve old problems is a cornerstone of innovation and we are looking for passionate people who follow their dreams to make the world a better place.
We know there is a better way to making great games.