QA Automation Test Engineer [Skull & Bones] (f/m/d)
- Berlin, Germany
Ubisoft is a leading producer, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment products worldwide and has grown considerably through a strong and diversified line-up of products and partnerships. We have development studios in 28 countries and sell video games in more than 55 countries around the globe. We are committed to delivering high-quality, state of the art video game titles to players. In our German offices in Düsseldorf, Mainz and Berlin, we are working on brands like “Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege”, “For Honor", “The Settlers”, “Anno”, “Far Cry” and many more.
The youngest studio in the German network, Ubisoft Berlin is set to continue contributing to this impressive line-up and will be working on AAA Co-Development projects together with international Ubisoft teams.
We Are Ubisoft Berlin
At Ubisoft Berlin, we are steadily growing. We are collaborating on the award-winning “Far Cry” series together with international Ubisoft teams, but also on an yet unannounced project and we are paving the way for even more!
We have an ambitious but humble approach to the contribution we want to bring to AAA game development in Germany. We are committed to excellence; we want to dedicate ourselves to delivering inspiring and meaningful game experiences that will empower our players and make them feel part of the worlds, we create.
We encourage an autonomous and entrepreneurial mindset tailored to our highly motivated talents to create experiences that leave a mark in the games industry as a whole.
Come and join us in one of the most creative and dynamic cities in the world!
Who you are
Working as an integral part of the development team your main responsibilities as QA Automation Engineer will be to collect and compile the data produced during the whole development process and to provide support in improving the quality of the game through Automated Testing.
You are a champion for quality and polish. You understand the goals the game has to achieve and take proactive steps to help people to deliver their best on the game. You are efficient at reading feedback and understanding how to improve the testing framework by constantly assessing and validating the test objectives, be it via test protocols or functional investigation.
What you will do
- Work closely with the development teams to understand the need of automation
- Develop, integrate and maintain various automated test frameworks to validate versions released
- React to issues by adding or writing new test scenarios to detect similar issues
- Support the Dev Team in building tools, test cases and tracking down issues (e.g. gathering of metrics and logs to document issues)
- Implement and maintain automated testing guidelines
- Participate in peer reviewing of code to maintain code quality, reliability & reusability for testing & deployment
- Support technical testing for game backend
- Deliver feedback and reports to the development team and actively participate in Daily Stand-ups, Sprint Planning and Retrospectives
What you bring
- Experience with scripting and relational databases
- Familiar with unit testing test suites and C++ debugging process
- Proficiency at reusing, adopting and integrating existing code
- Shipped at least 1 AAA title from concept to final release
- Understanding of feature & game development processes and the different needs of a team throughout a development cycle
- Proactive and self-motivated, with an ability to present innovative test approaches to identify problems efficiently and propose creative solutions to problems
- Excellent time management, ability to handle multiple tasks at the same time and work efficiently under pressure
- Excellent communication skills and teamwork spirit
- Excellent spoken and written English
Bonus points for
- Experience with current game engines and their respective tools
- Strong experience with defect management tools (e.g. JIRA)
- Strong experience with test case management tools (e.g. TestRail)
- Solid experience with version control and data repository tools (e.g. Perforce)
- Understanding of cross-functional team structures and agile methodologies
- Formal QA certification, such as ISTQB or equivalent experience
- Experience with Games-as-a-Service
- TRC/TCR compliance experience
What we want to offer you:
We want to build a studio in which everyone feels inspired, empowered and connected. We believe people do their best work when they feel empowered. We thus aim to give you a lot of autonomy. In return, we expect you to be self-responsible and stay on top of your game by continuously developing your skills. Furthermore, we know it is important for an employee to feel comfortable. With that in mind, we aim to provide a variety of everyday benefits which we hope will help you feel great including:
- Flexible working hours
- External training, education in our in-house guilds and knowledge sharing with other project teams
- Fresh fruit, discounted gym membership, support for child care, company pension scheme
- Share ideas! = Working in an innovative and international company
If you are passionate about video games and would like to work with like-minded professionals with an international team, please apply via our career portal.
For further information please check bluebyte.de and berlin.ubisoft.com