Senior UI Engineer - Remote
- Austin, TX, USA
- Employees can work remotely
- Flexible Working Organization: To be discussed
Ubisoft is composed of over 20,000 talented people located in 55+ development studios and offices across the globe. With more than 80% of our teams dedicated to creation, Ubisoft is the biggest in-house creative force in the industry.
Home to the North American Ubisoft headquarters since 1996, Ubisoft San Francisco opened its development studio in 2009 and since developed Rocksmith® and Rocksmith 2014, to teach millions of people how to play guitar and bass. With a song library of over 1,500 songs and 10 years of support the Rocksmith franchise helped millions of players around the world on their musical journey. In 2017, the studio released the critically acclaimed South Park™: The Fractured But Whole™, in collaboration with Trey Parker, Matt Stone, and South Park Digital Studios. The studio is currently working on innovative new titles with Rocksmith+ and XDefiant.
Ubisoft’s worldwide network of video game development studios and business offices work hand-in-hand each day to deliver rich and innovative gaming experiences that reflect the creativity and diversity of their teams. This cross-studio collaboration model means every team member has the opportunity to participate in challenging projects based on iconic brands including Assassin's Creed®, Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege®, Tom Clancy's The Division®, For Honor®, Rabbids®, Rayman®, Watch Dogs®, Far Cry®, The Crew®, Just Dance® and more. Ubisoft is a global leader in the video games and entertainment software industry.
Ubisoft San Francisco is able to hire for remote work out of the following states; Alabama, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Florida, Georgia, Indiana, Massachusetts, Minnesota, New York, North Carolina, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia, and Washington
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Collaborate with artists and designers in delivering world-class user interface systems
- Strive to improve the experience for our users
- Design and architect UI systems and frameworks
- Design and implement UI screens and components in C++
- Design and implement client-side UI logic
- Collaborate with the Presentation Director to develop UI designs
- Collaborate with the UI designers to develop the user experience
- Create and maintain technical design documents
- Manage programming task scheduling and coordinate with the production team
- Review user interface and optimize performance and resource utilization
- Advise UI designers to ensure best performance and user experience
WHAT YOU'LL BRING
- Senior level + years programming experience
- Strong C/C++ programming skills
- Shipped at least 2 games as UI engineer for PlayStation, Xbox, PC, or MacOS
- Developed games on game consoles and PC/Mac
- Previous collaboration with designers and artists to implement the vision of the game
WHAT YOU'LL GET
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Employer HSA contribution to fully cover your deductible (with enrollment in a HSA eligible medical plan)
- 401k match
- Paid vacation, holiday and wellness time
- Fitness, physical challenge, and eSports competition reimbursements
- Ginger emotional support app for you and your adult dependents with up to 10 sessions per year of video-based therapy and psychiatry services
- Membership to One Medical
- Rocket Lawyer online legal service membership
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off to volunteer
- Pawternity – paid time off to bond with a newly adopted pet
- Sabbatical leave available after 5 years of employment
- Access to all of the latest Ubisoft games for PC
- Generous discount on new Ubisoft games
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guideline
Ubisoft is committed to creating an inclusive work environment that reflects the diversity of our player community. We are an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.
Skills and competencies show up in different forms and can be based on different experiences, that's why we strongly encourage you to apply even though you may not have all the requirements listed above.
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences.
We do not accept any unsolicited resumes submitted by staffing or placement agencies or recruiters