Tools Programmer [Beyond Good And Evil 2] (f/m/d)
- Mainz, Germany
About Ubisoft Mainz
The teams at Ubisoft Mainz are engineering some of Ubisoft’s biggest blockbusters. Operating from a historic city in the heart of Germany, the studio develops games pushing the limits of the genre like the acclaimed Anno 1800 and lends decades of expertise to AAA co-development projects like Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege and the upcoming Beyond Good And Evil 2. More information at mainz.ubisoft.com.
Beyond Good And Evil 2 is an action-adventure sci-fi RPG set in the same universe as Ubisoft’s original cult classic. You can now join our crew at Ubisoft Mainz to help us shape this amazing project.
As a Tools Programmer on our team, you play a fundamental role in the design and implementation of the technologies used by our content creation teams. You know you have done a good job when they can effortlessly channel their vision and creativity into the game.
You will equip the team with the solutions they need to transform an idea into a fun and playable experience. You enjoy working iteratively and consider user feedback invaluable. Through this collaborative loop, you guarantee that the tools you deliver are efficient and intuitive.
What you will do:
- Compile and understand development needs and assess their feasibility to best serve the production team
- Analyze existing functions in the engine and see how they could be enhanced
- Suggest improvements by designing and implementing new systems
- Collaborate with TDs to enhance the production pipeline
- Support the production functions and systems: production workflows in the editor, third-party application plug-ins
- Determine and correct the tools bugs identified by people from other crafts and tools testers (and eventually the quality control team)
- Document the work to transfer knowledge and enable users (from other crafts) to understand how to use the new systems and functions
What you bring:
- 3-5+ years of professional experience
- Excellent programming skills in C++
- Good knowledge of C#
- Basic knowledge of 3D Math
- Good understanding of WPF and the model to support it (MVVM)
- Strong ability for analyzing and extending existing code
- Excellent teamwork abilities
- Great interpersonal and communication skills; we integrate directly with teams around the world
- Fluent in English
- Self-organized and structured work attitude
What to send our way:
- Your CV, highlighting your education, experience, and skills
- A cover letter including your earliest starting date, expected salary and why you would like to join us
- Any relevant code/work samples you can provide are highly appreciated
- Relocation Support: We offer financial support in form of a cash allowance and assistance with accommodation search and settle-in support via our relocation partner, for international candidates we offer visa assistance.
- 26 days paid vacation per year. Additionally, you will get half a day off on Christmas Eve and New Year’s Eve and approximately 11 bank holidays in the Mainz region.
- Flexible Working Hours: We have core working times between 10:00 AM – 04:00 PM and the distribution of the other hours is up to you.
- Opportunities for growth on your desired career path: Leadership training, workshops, guest speakers from the industry, online Ubisoft learning platform, coaches, Experts and library.
- Company Pension Scheme. We offer an attractive scheme through salary sacrificing in which the employer also matches contributions
- Up to 350€ childcare support per child per month. In addition, we also offer 5 ‘care for ill children days’ per child per year.
- Discounted Games. We regularly order Ubisoft Games for super cheap prices for our employees.
- Gym Subsidy. We contribute 50% (up to a maximum amount of 25€) towards the monthly cost of a gym membership of your choice.
- Monthly Mobility Budget. 80€ per month that can be used on bicycle lease, parking spot rental or public transportation ticket.
- Our Ubisoft Blue Byte Academy offers multiple opportunities for you to discover your full potential and develop yourself in various areas.
- English and German classes for free. Main language in the studio is English.
- Free fresh Fruit, Coffee, Tea and Water. Enjoy fresh fruit and beverages in our office.
We offer a highly motivating challenge for team players interested in showing personal initiative in an innovative and international company. If you are passionate about video games and would like to join an industry leader - please apply via our career portal.
For further information, please check https://mainz.ubisoft.com/en/