Back-End Developer - Ubisoft Connect
- Barcelona, Spain
Ubisoft Barcelona, part of Ubisoft’s international network of production studios, has developed for over 20 years a strong expertise in the production of videogames from a large variety of genres and platforms. The Studio is continuously looking to grow its team with highly professional, passionate and talented people.
During these years, the studio worked on the following franchises: “Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon®”, “Assassin’s Creed®”, “Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six® Siege” or “Star Trek™: Bridge Crew” on VR…
The team is currently working on the “Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six® Siege” Live Game, "Beyond Good & Evil 2" and unannounced AAA projects.
We are looking for a Back-End Developer to join our Ubisoft Connect team in Barcelona PC/Console studio. Working on online services for our productions, the backend developer is in charge of the development and administration of online microservices using a variety of SQL and NoSQL databases for all Ubisoft games with local or cloud technologies. As a backend developer, you will participate in the design and implementation of RESTful APIs based on a microservice architecture, working with a DevOps mindset.
- Participate in the design/analysis, coding, testing, integration, debugging, and supporting of online services.
- Estimate the effort required to accomplish tasks.
- Offer quality support to production teams.
- Evaluate risks and impacts of decisions and changes.
- Stay up to date on new technologies in the online services, game development, and general web fields.
- A Bachelor’s university degree in computer science or engineering.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience as a RESTful API backend developer.
- Proficiency in C# and ASP .NET core or NodeJS.
- Knowledge of microservices and microservices architecture.
- Experience with CI/CD pipeline.
- Experience with database programming (MySQL, MongoDB, Redis).
- Experience with DevOps technologies: Terraform, Docker, Ansible, Kubernetes.
- Experience of hosting services in cloud (AWS/Azure/GCP).
- Unit, integration, and load testing.
- Experience working in an Agile and DevOps environment.
Really nice to have
- Front-end development consuming RESTful services.
- Frontend frameworks React.js, Vue.js.
Few words about Ubisoft Barcelona studio:
The studio is located in one of the most popular urban area of Europe: Barcelona! I bet that you know Barcelona for sure! Either for its amazing architecture, monuments and parks, famous nightlife with bars, restaurants and clubs, super weather and beaches, popular sport culture or for its great life quality.
Here in Barcelona, as well as in the studio, you will meet people from around the world, eat hundreds of different food, play different sports, talk about art and history, share amazing life experience with creative, open-mind and dynamic people. Exciting no?
As employee as much as citizen, we encourage you to inspire the world and build the future! We promote a friendly, creative and passionate culture for our talented team to produce the best AAA games in the videogames industry. We also encourage all our employees to invest time in playing any type of games, and if it’s together, even better!
In Barcelona studio, everyone feels like at home!
Are you ready to join the Ubi family for your new challenge? We are already excited to have you!
List of benefits:
- Monthly Restaurant tickets.
- Preferential price for medical insurance.
- Sports / activities deal.
- Access to transport tax deductions.
- Free access to all Ubisoft games (PC).
- Discount for Ubisoft console games.
- Fresh fruits / drinks.
- Friday Morning Breakfast.
- Friday afternoon free.
- Flexible working hours.
- Team building events.
- Assistance for opening Bank account.
- Assistance for house contract/ documentation review.
- Assistance for local registration (NIE, SSN, Tax).