Software Engineer - Machine Learning M/NB/W
- 94160 Saint-Mandé, France
Ubisoft’s 19,000 team members, working across more than 40 locations around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their dedication and talent has brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come. Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves. If you are excited about solving gamechanging challenges, cutting edge technologies and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey and help us Create the unknown.
Reporting to our Chief Data Officer, the role of our department is to build new products based on the latest advances in Machine Learning & Deep Learning research. We strive to read research papers and are not afraid to implement new algorithms when source code is not readily available. But above all, our motto is to never stop at the prototyping phase: our mission is to turn these new models into scalable, production-grade online services that can enrich our player’s experience.
Our Machine Learning projects span from Toxicity filtering for our game chat systems, to Payment fraud detection for our ecommerce platform. In that context, we’re looking for a Software Engineer to join our applied research team focusing on NLP applications.
The main missions of the role will be to:
- Design systems that expose our Machine Learning models, finding workarounds to computational resource constraints
- Ship high quality code (most of our software is written in Rust) and further optimize existing workflows
- Partner with our Machine Learning Engineers – that focus on experimentation and modelling– to find opportunities for optimization across our prediction pipelines
- Implement the underlying infrastructure of our products, leveraging our internal cloud service, or public cloud providers, integrating GPUs when needed
- Build resilient CI/CD processes to automate tests and deployments
- Always watch for emergent or successful tech stacks, libraries, frameworks, and test them in the spirit of continuous improvement.
The key traits needed for this role are:
- Prior experience in software engineering and a keen passion for coding. Past projects in a strongly typed language would be a big plus.
- Knowledge of Machine Learning is not required, but we’d love to work with engineers who are interested to learn!
- Good knowledge of usual back end and ops-oriented tech (Docker, Kubernetes, NoSQL)
- A “just try it” mindset: it does not matter if you have never worked with Kubernetes, or if you’ve never written a line of Rust before. We’re looking for passionate people who are willing to learn fast and enjoy doing it.
- Strong autonomy
- Strong communication skills (English mandatory as our team is international).
Position to be filled as soon as possible. Based in Saint Mandé, accessible via metro line 1 (St-Mandé stop). The position is attached to the International Headquarters.