Senior Game Designer
- Kyiv, Ukraine
- Flexible Working Organization: To be discussed
Ubisoft’s 19,000 professionals, working across more than 40 locations around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their dedication and talent have brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come. Ubisoft is an equal opportunity company that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and community can thrive and express themselves. If you are excited about solving game-changing challenges, cutting edge technologies and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey and help us create the unknown.
As a Senior Game Designer, you will be responsible for the entire feature life cycle, from concept/prototype all the way through to release and frequent post-launch updates. You will be also responsible for the development of game systems, controls and interfaces in order to bring the vision of the Producer into a playable experience.
- Pitch, prototype, balance and playtest features, overseeing them from concept to final implementation, ensuring the highest level of quality in everything you own;
- Take ownership over a large, complex system and make plans for how to implement it within the game while balancing the needs of multiple stakeholders (Programming, Animation, AI, Level Design, Narrative, Art and others) and driving development towards the vision laid out by the Producer;
- Create, standardize and maintain design documentation, including feature specification and implementation guidelines, considering the project stage;
- Produce and oversee global UX/UI flow with detailed requirements, adapting it to the changing needs;
- Create game systems that answer the needs of the Producer with regard to the targeted experience for the player, while observing the production directives of the game.
- Experience as a Game Designer in the video games industry with at least 2 shipped projects;
- An understanding of game flow and scripting, knowledge of prototyping software;
- Ability to mentor and transfer knowledge to other designers;
- Ability to work independently and produce excellent results despite technical limitations and time constraints;
- Experience in working with professionals in a fast-paced, iterative and agile professional environment;
- Good proficiency in English.
Ubisoft is committed to enriching players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experience. We create worlds where people can express themselves, explore and discover new possibilities.
Are you looking to work with enthusiastic experts who are tackling game-changing challenges in entertainment and beyond? At Ubisoft, we offer an open environment where bright ideas are given a chance to shine and everyone is eager to share knowledge.