Software Developer / MLOps
- Montreal, QC, Canada
As part of the DNA Merlin team, you’ll participate in the creation of an ambitious Machine Learning platform used to create/test/deploy machine learning algorithms like our content recommendation system for Ubisoft’s games and services. The purpose of this platform is to provide millions of players with even more personalized experiences.
With a focus on usability and scalability for our clients, you’ll help conceive the future of the product from a technical standpoint, while closely collaborating with the clients, data developers and data scientists to build a platform capable of making relevant and reliable recommendations. You will own our end-to-end machine learning platform and core infrastructure, from research to production ML pipelines.
What you’ll do
Within a Scrum/Agile environment:
- Design, prototype, build and maintain APIs, tools, code and a scalable infrastructure for operating Merlin's machine learning pipeline at scale.
- Synch up with your team to discuss work-in-progress, ideas, and blockers; plan and prioritize; overcome issues; etc.
- Be a key member of the team, participate in the decisions and implementations to improve the platform’s quality.
- Work closely with Data Scientists to design and implement the optimal environment for their maximized efficiency.
- Advocate for automation and monitoring at all steps of the ML pipeline and help to define best practices based on personal industry experience and research.
- Stay current on technological advancements to help develop yourself, the platform and position Ubisoft as a leader of the domain.
What you bring
- Experience in Software/Data engineering (or related experience).
- Experience with modern infrastructure, tools and cloud technology (e.g. AWS, EMR, Docker, Kubernetes, Terraform, etc.).
- Knowledge of Python, Java.
- Experience with big data technologies, like Kafka, S3, Spark, and Hive.
- Experience building and interacting with REST APIs.
- Familiar with GitLab and its CI/CD tool.
- A constant desire to grow and learn.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills.
- Ability to navigate between the big picture and the micro details.
- You love being responsible for owning and improving a new, fast-growing platform.
- You are curious and like asking questions until you fully understand why/what you are doing.
Nice to have, but not essential:
- Experience with maintaining architectures for end-to-end Machine Learning in the cloud.
- Familiarity with industry standards such as MLFlow, Airflow...
- Knowledge of additional programming languages like Scala.
- Exposure to automated testing and CI/CD in the ML context.
- Good understanding of ML concepts.
- An understanding of the video game industry.
Just a heads up: If you require a work permit, your eligibility may depend on your education and years of relevant work experience, as required by the government.
What to send our way
- Your CV, highlighting your background and skills
DNA: developing and managing data services and tools
The DNA team develops and manages a variety of data services and tools for storing and analyzing game telemetry. Known as a company-wide reference and trusted source, our products provide:
- real-time visibility on how Ubisoft titles are played; and
- an understanding of the habits and preferences of the people playing them.
Committed to knowledge sharing, we collect, process, and curate in-game data. Then transform it into clear and informative visualizations. The result? Meaningful metrics for production teams to make informed decisions and create even better gaming experiences.
At Ubisoft Montreal, a preeminent developer of video games located in Montreal’s dynamic Mile-End neighbourhood since 1997, we offer a work environment unique in the industry for allowing you to build and cultivate games that are part of critically acclaimed, iconic AAA franchises of international repute.
When you join Ubi Montreal, you enter a community of passionate, extraordinary developers connected by their need to innovate, to be creative and to work with the latest technology. You’ll discover a world where employees enjoy constant career advancement, a supportive learning environment, and competitive compensation packages.
More than anything, at Ubi Montreal, you will regularly ship a variety of big, quality titles – Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Rainbow Six, Watch_Dogs, For Honor and… well we can’t disclose all our secrets just yet… – and work with some of the most talented people in the industry.
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences.