C++ Gameplay Programmer
- Kyiv, Ukraine, 02000
Ubisoft’s 19,000 professionals, working across more than 40 locations around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their dedication and talent has brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come. Ubisoft is an equal opportunity company that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves. If you are excited about solving game-changing challenges, cutting edge technologies and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey and help us Create the unknown.
As a Gameplay programmer, your role is to develop the features, mechanics and building blocks that create the game experience.
For that, you will work closely with the other job families to define the design of various features and handle their implementation, ensuring believability, good game feel, and player comfort.
You will deal with code in various fields of game programming, using the low level frameworks of the UI, audio, FX, engine, network subsystems to build your complete gameplay feature.
- Works directly with game designers, prototypes, and researches to make sure that various features are completely and realistically designed;
- Is in charge of assessing the technical feasibility of new features and the impact they bring on other modules and systems;
- Implements features focusing on the quality of interaction between the player and the game;
- Interacts with the multiple job families responsible to create assets for the game (game design, level design, art, FX, sound);
- Touches multiple programming fields – UI, audio, AI, network synchronization, engine - to obtain fully implemented features.
- Advanced knowledge of C++
- Math skills with emphasis on 3D math
- Passion for game development
- Ability to work with a large amount of code inside a large group;
- Good software architecture skills are highly appreciated;
- Good English communication skills.
- Understanding of other game development areas – UI, network, audio, animation etc;
- Knowledge of current games and the ability to reverse engineer features and mechanics;
- Good game design abilities are also useful for a gameplay programmer.
Ubisoft is committed to enriching players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experience. We create worlds where people can express themselves, explore and discover new possibilities.
Are you looking to work with enthusiastic experts who are tackling game-changing challenges in entertainment and beyond? At Ubisoft, we offer an open environment where bright ideas are given a chance to shine and everyone is eager to share knowledge.