Quality Assurance Engineer
- Bucharest, Romania
Your life at Ubi
The IT Department of Ubisoft is looking for a Software Tester who will be involved in various project assignments within the Group, ranging from internal projects with corporate clients, to external web needs. The test typologies you will cover include but are not limited to: integration testing, functional testing, end-to-end testing, and regression testing.
Your main mission
- Evaluate and test new or modified products and applications, to verify that they function according to user requirements and to established guidelines.
- Create, update and execute test plans and test cases.
- Work proactively in coordination with the development team for the troubleshooting and resolving of issues in a timely manner.
- Present ideas on system improvements based on hands on experience.
- Thoroughly report test results and manage follow up including fix verification, updating bug tracking database etc.
- Contribute to the design, documentation, implementation and maintenance of test environments and test systems and processes.
The professional value you bring
- Excellent knowledge of the English language, both orally and written.
- Good experience on STLC and SDLC process (end to end) & QA methodologies
- Technical writing experience (test plans, work procedures, user guides etc.).
- Experience with Back Offices and Fronts (working with HTML, CSS).
- Experience with APIs testing & tools (SoapUI/POSTMAN).
- Knowledge of Web Testing, Functionality, Usability Testing, Mobile Testing; knowledge of SQL & MySQL queries is a plus.
The personal value you bring
- Good communication and presentation skills (verbal and written);
- Ability to work well with people from different disciplines with varying degrees of technical experience;
- Able to prioritize tickets based on the business needs; analysis and synthesis abilities;
- Troubleshooting and problem-solving skills;
- Good organizational skills and able to manage multiple projects simultaneously; able to multitask and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment;
- Autonomy, ability to work with minimal guidance.
Ubisoft’s team members, working across more than 40 locations around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. This ambition is very much embedded into our work here, at Ubisoft Romania, where we create games that reach millions of people worldwide. We’re working with top global Ubisoft studios on creating worlds that shape the entertainment industry - from Assassin’s Creed and Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon, to Watch Dogs, Just Dance and other exciting projects, yet to be announced. We are driven by the work we do and inspired by the fun we have while doing it!
We’re an equal opportunity employer and we believe that diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves.
Our colleagues from the IT department engineer and deliver reliable services & products for Ubisoft’s game development teams and for our player communities, as well as developing apps for internal, world-wide use.