UX Designer (Online)
- Montreal, QC, Canada
As a UX Designer at Ubi MTL, you'll enhance the features that surround and support the gameplay of an online game. You’ll act as a bridge between production and players throughout development and far beyond, making sure we always design with our audience in mind.
As a creative problem-solver and strategic thinker, you consider the impact of every design choice on player engagement and enjoyment. By leveraging real player data and gathering feedback, you make informed choices to deliver a seamless overall live-game experience, season after season.
What you’ll do
- Partner with ergonomists and the user research team to get a clear picture of behaviours, goals, motivations, values, needs, etc.
- Create the player journey map for features that complement gameplay (such as system and tools to monitor, report, take actions on positive and negative player behaviour).
- Follow-up on final implementation of all features to ensure proper execution of the user experience and design in compliance with the specifications
- Build prototypes and wireframes to test concepts, explore opportunities, look for pain points, and communicate complex online features to the development team.
- Work (very) closely with UI artists and the online team to balance usability and functionality with visual appeal.
- Collaborate with interdependent teams (audio, art, narrative, monetization, game design, etc.) to achieve consistency across the board.
- Adapt your designs based on play test results & comments from cross-functional teams.
- Develop a strategy for collecting and evaluating player feedback, post-launch.
- Assess the impacts of adding, removing, or updating content on player engagement.
- Stay up to date on interaction design best practices + promote them across the studio.
What you bring
- A college diploma in Web Design, Human Computer Interaction, User Research, or equivalent (undergraduate degree an asset)
- Knowledge of cognitive science and psychology is a plus.
- At least 5 years of experience in UX or related experience
- Experience with the Adobe Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign) and prototyping tools (e.g. Axure RP) *
- Solid understanding of information & product architecture, interface & service design, and research techniques
- A highly collaborative, creative, empathetic, and innovative spirit
- Capability to accept feedback and adapt to it
- Excellent problem-solving, organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Familiarity with online gaming communities and live streaming platforms (e.g. Twitch)
- Ability to sift through data and come to meaningful conclusions
- A keen eye for even the subtlest of details + a passion for video games
*Knowledge of interface programming a huge plus
What to send our way
- Your CV, highlighting your education, experience, and skills
- Samples of your best designs (attach files or send us a link to your personal website or online portfolio)
A real live person will review your application. In this case, it’s our talent acquisition specialist Alexis. As he learns more about you through your profile, get to know him through the video below.
At Ubisoft Montreal, a preeminent developer of video games located in Montreal’s dynamic Mile-End neighbourhood since 1997, we offer a work environment unique in the industry for allowing you to build and cultivate games that are part of critically acclaimed, iconic AAA franchises of international repute.
When you join Ubi Montreal, you enter a community of passionate, extraordinary developers connected by their need to innovate, to be creative and to work with the latest technology. You’ll discover a world where employees enjoy constant career advancement, a supportive learning environment, and competitive compensation packages.
More than anything, at Ubi Montreal, you will regularly ship a variety of big, quality titles – Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Rainbow Six, Watch_Dogs, For Honor and… well we can’t disclose all our secrets just yet… – and work with some of the most talented people in the industry.
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences.