Main Technical Director [Unannounced Game]
- Stockholm, Sweden
Do you have what it takes to lead an expedition of domain experts into uncharted tech territories? Don’t miss this opportunity to be part of creating the unknown!
We are looking for a Main Tech Director to realise and follow-up on the technical vision & implementation for an ambitious unannounced game here in Stockholm, Sweden.
As our Main Tech Director, you’ll manage a team of technical leads and drive a large part of our vision and ambition for creating game features and infrastructure tools that requires new ways of thinking. Throughout our phases of production, you’ll alternate between a resolution of high detail to high level, to deliver solutions and direction for our game teams and allow them to conjure systems never seen before.
We know you're passionate about games, and for us it's important that you get to thrive and succeed in a creative environment. To achieve this, we are creating strong autonomous teams who make decisions independently, having the freedom to try out new things and show why they work. For us it is important that you get to shine by being creative in your role: to take deliberate decisions, poke holes in things, navigate through known pitfalls when required to and care for your craft by honoring your commitments.
In this role, you’ll liaise with key stakeholders at the studio and in the project to solidify a sound technical vision. You’ll manage a team of technical leads, coaching and mentoring them for growth so they can reach their full potential.
In this role you will...
- Collaborate with studio stakeholders to solidify and ground the technical vision for the game.
- Manage a team of technical leads to plan, structure and assess the technical setup and infrastructure needs to deliver the game vision as a complete product.
- You will lead, mentor and coach a team that can work across various areas of the project.
- Foster collaborative innovation in the Stockholm Studio and in Ubisoft as a whole.
- Inspire the team to navigate through ambitious and disruptive innovation.
We would love if you...
- Have experience developing, debugging and optimizing tools and technology for AAA games on PC or console.
- Have development experience in multiple game domains (for example Animation, Gameplay, Rendering, Tools, etc).
- Have extensive professional hands-on experience in several programming languages, with C++ being the most prominent one. Other relevant languages are Go, Rust, Python and PowerShell among more.
- Have a master’s degree in computer science, or equivalent training and professional experience.
- Want to find the best fit solution to complex problems, finding compromises for stakeholders with differing needs.
- Are used to working in an international environment and to express yourself fluently in English.
Read more about us at: http://stockholm.ubisoft.com/
Apply now to make it yours
Making good games takes effort, making great games takes a different type of thinking.
Are you a game designer, artist or engineer? Cool. How about a chemist, economist or social scientist? Let’s talk. At Ubisoft Stockholm, we feel different thinking comes from many places and that good ideas, no matter where they come from, are the key to unlocking our potential.
Located in the storied Östermalm neighborhood in Stockholm Sweden, we believe thinking of new ways to solve old problems is a cornerstone of innovation and we are looking for passionate people who follow their dreams to make the world a better place.
We know there is a better way to making great games.