Senior Game Designer (World systems)
CREATOR OF WORLDS
Ubisoft’s 20,000 team members, working across more than 40 locations around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their dedication and talent has brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come. Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves. If you are excited about solving game-changing challenges, cutting edge technologies and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey and help us create the unknown.
Since opening its doors in 2008, Ubisoft Singapore has become the biggest AAA game development studio in Southeast Asia. The 500-strong studio is home to 35+ different nationalities focused on delivering ambitious gaming experiences to our players. Ubisoft Singapore has been contributing to all the Assassin’s Creed® titles since Assassin’s Creed® II. It innovated within the franchise as the studio behind the naval battle gameplay and water technology in Assassin’s Creed® III, Assassin’s Creed® IV Black Flag® and most recently in Assassin’s Creed® Valhalla. Its expertise in AAA and live operations, combined with a passion for naval gameplay, pushed the team to lead the development of Skull and Bones™ revealed at E3 in 2017.
WHAT YOUR JOURNEY WILL BE
The Senior Game Designer role is to support the design process, ensuring features and project success. The project’s success is based on four pillars:
- Quality of the experience
- Budget and Profitability
- Project Management and Timeline
- People Management
A Senior Game Designer creates, and help others create, clear and innovative feature designs that are well documented and actionable.
A Senior Game Designer also supports their teammates in developing their Sprint and Milestone deliveries.
The role has a major emphasis on creativity, documentation, peer feedback, organization, internal and external communication and problem solving.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Create clear and actionable designs following the project standards;
- Maintain Tool expertise. Create/manage system/item data for your systems;
- Contribute to tool creation and improvements;
- Work with other departments to mitigate dependencies and de-risk designs;
- Iterate content/game data to ensure it is balanced and tuned and complements the game’s overall progression/economy and game/creative direction;
- Embrace and proselytize systemic methods and designs;
- Identify and communicate to your Producer/Lead any risks and contingency plans;
- Help with any other game-design deliverables, as required by project priorities;
- Support the lead of the team for organizational tasks and objective follow-up.
Communication and Collaboration:
- Demonstrate ownership of tasks, push for what you need;
- Develop clear documentation as needed;
- Drive and communicate topics;
- Always perform due diligence checks with Tech and Tech Design;
- Foster close collaboration with other members within the team, ensuring continued progress and quality delivery, and strong team cohesion;
- Help create a work environment that motivates and fosters creativity.
For the Studio and the Group:
- The success of the project is the main objective; success also means growing the studio competencies;
- Identify and promote the application of the best ideas. Contribute to major innovations;
- Share experience. Help develop a distinct Ubisoft culture.
WHAT YOU WILL BRING
- Large working experience as game designer;
- Relevant experience working on AAA titles, current and next-gen consoles (multiplayer and Game as a service preferred);
- Ability to accept critique, ability to listen and work with a multidisciplinary team;
- Excellent communicator (spoken and written) and good interpersonal skills;
- Excellent knowledge of games and the industry.
WHAT YOU WILL ENJOY
Check out our list of perks and benefits here: https://www.ubisoftsingapore.com/
JOIN THE SQUAD
Making games is serious business, but it's very important for us to have fun while creating awesome worlds so that we can convey the same sense of joy to millions of players in the world.
Come on board and experience #LifeAtUbi for yourself, we are always on the lookout for talents who thrive in bringing their A-game to work. If this sounds like you, shoot us your resume, portfolio, and anything else to show that you’re serious about fun!
We are an equal-opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.