(Senior) Graphics Programmer
- Helsinki, Finland
As crazy about games as we are? Fancy becoming a part of a world-class international game development team with true professionals in a friendly atmosphere? We’re Ubisoft RedLynx, a studio located in Helsinki bringing console/PC and mobile game development together under one roof. We’re a 150+ strong team of talented and diverse professionals of 20+ different nationalities.
We are now looking for a
(Senior) Graphics Programmer to join our AAA co-dev project.
Have you ever dreamed of being part of a full-scale AAA game project? Well now is your chance! We at RedLynx are working an ambitious AAA co-development project with other Ubisoft studios and we want you to join our graphics programming team! As our Graphics Programmer, you will design and implement systems for the rendering engine to help the creative vision of the game come to life. You get to work with Ubisoft’s inhouse engines, which are industry-leading tools capable of creating some of the most advanced content ever seen in video games.
If quality code is your second name, you have passion for video games and you don’t give up in the face of tricky technical challenges, please reveal yourself! You will have a unique opportunity to work for a top game publisher and access Ubisoft’s fantastic networks, full of game industry experts. At the same time, you get to enjoy a cozy and friendly Finnish game development studio and an extremely skilled team!
Your skills and experience
- Experience working with Computer Graphics and/or other game-related technologies
- Experience writing shaders in HLSL or GLSL
- Strong background in C/C++
- Strong math skills
- Solid debugging skills including the ability to debug at an assembly-level when necessary
- For Senior role, experience in delivering a high-quality game (preferably on PC/Console) to market
- Proactive problem-solving mindset – you reach out to others actively and work closely with other disciplines to solve issues
- Good communication and collaboration skills - you will work together with other programmers, artists, and designers
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in the English language
- Passion for video games and interest in the games industry
We would also appreciate
- Understanding the visual aspects of computer graphics (PBR materials, lighting and animation)
- Experience in multiple graphics APIs
What are you waiting for? Please send your application and CV with your salary expectations. The application period closes on 31st of May 2021 but apply now because we can’t wait to meet you (screening and interviewing will start instantly)! In the meantime, explore what Ubisoft RedLynx is all about and what we have to offer.
This job requires moving onsite to Finland and during the pandemic time, we are working remotely. We have successfully and safely relocated numerous new employees before and during COVID, so if you are interested to move to Finland, don’t hesitate to apply!
We’re part of Ubisoft, a leading creator, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment and services. Ubisoft’s 19,000 team members, working across more than 40 locations around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their dedication and talent have brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come. Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves. If you are excited about solving game-changing challenges, cutting edge technologies and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey and help us create the unknown.