Associate Brand Manager
- Cary, NC, USA
Ubisoft is composed of over 18,000 talented people located in 55+ development studios and offices across the globe. With more than 80% of our teams dedicated to creation, Ubisoft is the biggest in-house creative force in the industry.
Home to the North American Ubisoft headquarters since 1996, Ubisoft San Francisco opened its development studio in 2009 and since developed Rocksmith® and Rocksmith 2014, to teach millions of people how to play guitar and bass. With a song library of over 1,500 songs and 9 years of support the Rocksmith franchise helped millions of players around the world on their musical journey. In 2017, the studio released the critically acclaimed South Park™: The Fractured But Whole™, in collaboration with Trey Parker, Matt Stone, and South Park Digital Studios. The studio is currently working on two unannounced projects.
Ubisoft’s worldwide network of video game development studios and business offices work hand-in-hand each day to deliver rich and innovative gaming experiences that reflect the creativity and diversity of their teams. This cross-studio collaboration model means every team member has the opportunity to participate in challenging projects based on iconic brands including Assassin's Creed®, Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege®, Tom Clancy's The Division®, For Honor®, Rabbids®, Rayman®, Watch Dogs®, Far Cry®, The Crew®, Just Dance® and more. Ubisoft is a global leader in the video games and entertainment software industry.
With an expansive global distribution network, Ubisoft is also a company that stays in close contact with its local fans.
Ubisoft is committed to enriching player’s lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. We create worlds where people can express themselves, explore and discover new possibilities.
Are you looking to work with enthusiastic experts who are tackling game-changing challenges in entertainment and beyond? At Ubisoft, we offer an open environment where bright ideas are given a chance to shine and everyone is eager to share knowledge.
Imagine the future of gaming with us. Join us and create the unknown.
Ubisoft’s award winning marketing department is seeking an Associate Brand Manager to join their team. If you aren’t familiar with Ubisoft, we are the company behind some of the gaming industry’s most popular brands including: Assassins Creed, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, FarCry, Tom Clancy’s The Division, Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six, and Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon.
The Associate Brand Manager will help develop marketing strategies and go to market campaigns for some of Ubisoft’s biggest brands. The position will report to a Brand Manager. This position will be out of our Cary, NC office and will work closely with our San Francisco, CA office and a wide variety of global teams.
We are looking for a passionate marketer who has experience working on go-to- market and post-launch marketing plans, devising strategies, and executing tactics by collaborating with cross-functional teams. The right candidate will have an interest in gaming and/or entertainment but being an expert in either is not a requirement. At Ubisoft you’ll grow and develop as a member of a department that includes multiple Effie and Game Marketing award winners.
We are looking for collaborators that can make great things happen while adding to Ubisoft’s fun and vibrant culture. We’re marketing video games people!
WHAT YOU'LL DO
Support Execution of Marketing Plans:
- Manage tactics that support objectives and strategies for product launches and present to senior management.
- Partner with cross functional teams and game development studios to solidify plans and flawlessly execute.
- Work with multiple stakeholders to optimize plans then sell-in to senior management.
Manage Creative Development:
- Support Senior Brand Manager/Brand Manager to deliver best in class creative executions.
- Manage asset delivery and distribution
- Brief, consult, and manage external agencies in the process of asset creation.
- Assist with creative executions that may include, but aren’t limited to: TV, Trailers, Social Media, Digital Media, Promotions & Events, Packaging and other printed materials.
Support Sell in Process and External Partnerships:
- Work with sales team to develop compelling cases for retailer buy in and support.
- Work with licensing and promotions teams to establish productive partnerships and to build effective co-marketing programs.
Execute Testing and Market Research:
- Work with internal market research partners to test then optimize campaigns and creative executions.
- Conduct competitive analysis, and post-mortem reporting on plan execution
WHAT YOU'LL BRING
- Drive for Results: Demonstrate ability to take full ownership and responsibility for projects, take initiative and introduce new ideas, anticipate problems, marshal resources, set clear goals and objectives and strive to meet goals.
- Leadership: Demonstrate ability to establish a clear vision and direction, then rally partners and cross functional teams, both onsite and remote, to strive to achieve it. As the brand expert, act as the brand ambassador and guide teams towards successful execution.
- Marketing Expertise: Have a good understanding of the full marketing mix and understand each cross-category team’s role. Demonstrate an ability to learn new markets quickly and adjust to changes in market dynamics and competitive landscapes. Show ability to gain deep knowledge of consumer, whether casual or core game.
- Innovation/Creativity: Not afraid to try new things. Demonstrate ability to come up with creative ideas and/or elicit creative ideas from others. Understand brand creative direction and act as filter for all executions to maintain creative consistency across channels.
- Analytical and quantitative skills: ability to use customer data and KPIs to back up intuition and assess marketing programs’ performance.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing or related field required
- 3+ years consumer product marketing experience
- MBA a plus but not required
- Marketing experience in the entertainment and/or video game industry a plus
- Cover letters encouraged! Tell us your career motivations and why video game marketing is for you!
WHAT YOU'LL GET
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Employer HSA contribution (with enrollment in a HSA eligible medical plan)
- 401k match
- Paid vacation, holiday and wellness time
- Fitness, physical, and eSports challenge reimbursements
- Ginger emotional support app for you and your adult dependents with up to 10 sessions per year of video-based therapy and psychiatry services
- Rocket Lawyer online legal service
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off to volunteer
- Pawternity – paid time off to bond with a newly adopted pet
- Sabbatical leave available after 5 years of employment
- Access to all of the latest Ubisoft games for PC
- Generous discount on new Ubisoft games
Ubisoft is committed to creating an inclusive work environment that reflects the diversity of our player community. We are an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.
Skills and competencies show up in different forms and can be based on different experiences, that's why we strongly encourage you to apply even though you may not have all the requirements listed above.
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences.
We do not accept any unsolicited resumes submitted by staffing or placement agencies or recruiters