Senior Narrative Designer [Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora]
- Malmö, Sweden
Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora™ is a first-person, action-adventure game developed by Massive Entertainment – a Ubisoft studio in collaboration with Lightstorm Entertainment and Disney. Built using the latest iteration of the Snowdrop engine, and developed exclusively for the new generation of consoles and PC, Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora brings to life the alluring world of Pandora with all of its beauty and danger in an immersive, open-world experience.
As a Senior Narrative Designer at Massive Entertainment, you’ll be challenged with conceptualizing, researching, writing, and editing game quests for our latest Avatar project. You’ll help mentor an intimate team of writers, whilst collaborating with the Lead Writer, Mission Director, Narrative Director, and with multiple Quest (level) Designers who will implement the team’s quests in-game.
This is a permanent position based in Malmö Sweden and requires working onsite. We kindly ask you to apply with your CV and message to the hiring manager in English. Applications will be reviewed whilst the job ad is posted.
- Conceptualizing and writing Quests that are consistent with the IP tone and quality;
- Collaborate with Level Designers, Artists, Quest Designers, Writers, Leads, Directors and more;
- Researching and writing narrative elements to anchor a reality-based narrative within an existing IP;
- Developing and executing on a writing schedule together with the support of an Associate Producer;
- Documenting the narrative material, making it accessible to stakeholders (writers, quest designers, & level designers);
- Providing organized responses to last minute rewrites, or changing mission/game structures.
You have a passion for storytelling but you also take pride in enabling and collaborating with the team around you to deliver the highest possible quality. You have previous experience in a senior role through a AAA game release (or a similar-sized production) and communicate fluently in English (our company language).
Besides the above we’re looking for someone aligned with our core values and the following skills and experience:
- A relevant portfolio of your writing is required (2-3 samples that showcase your strongest work and a longer/screenplay sample with ~10 pages or less. See our portfolio tips here);
- Proven work experience in a senior role with a team of writers on a major production;
- Proven experience crafting and developing stories, writing dialogue, and various other content from concept to completion within a large production (ideally quest content for AAA games);
- Experience working in a writer’s room or another similarly collaborative writing environment;
- Ability to follow an established style guide and rules of usage;
- Ability to communicate complex narrative ideas to stakeholders from other disciplines;
- Experience with a non-linear narrative structure is preferred;
- Strong copy-editing skills are preferred.
Massive Entertainment is a world-leading AAA studio located in Malmö Sweden and is part of the Ubisoft family. We’re a multinational team of more than 650 passionate and highly skilled people from 50+ different countries. Our studio’s goal has always been – and still is – to craft the finest gaming experiences for all players.
At Massive, you get to do what you love most while bringing your own experience to our ongoing projects, like Tom Clancy’s The Division 2, Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora, and The Star Wars Project. We're also developing new tech here, such as our in-house engine Snowdrop, and Ubisoft Connect - Ubisoft's digital ecosystem and distribution platform.
All your application information will be kept confidential according to EEO & GDPR guidelines.