Senior Data Engineer
- San Francisco, CA, USA
Ubisoft is composed of over 20,000 talented people located in 55+ development studios and offices across the globe. With more than 80% of our teams dedicated to creation, Ubisoft is the biggest in-house creative force in the industry.
Home to the North American Ubisoft headquarters since 1996, Ubisoft San Francisco opened its development studio in 2009 and since developed Rocksmith® and Rocksmith 2014, to teach millions of people how to play guitar and bass. With a song library of over 1,500 songs and 9 years of support the Rocksmith franchise helped millions of players around the world on their musical journey. In 2017, the studio released the critically acclaimed South Park™: The Fractured But Whole™, in collaboration with Trey Parker, Matt Stone, and South Park Digital Studios. The studio is currently working on two unannounced projects.
Ubisoft’s worldwide network of video game development studios and business offices work hand-in-hand each day to deliver rich and innovative gaming experiences that reflect the creativity and diversity of their teams. This cross-studio collaboration model means every team member has the opportunity to participate in challenging projects based on iconic brands including Assassin's Creed®, Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege®, Tom Clancy's The Division®, For Honor®, Rabbids®, Rayman®, Watch Dogs®, Far Cry®, The Crew®, Just Dance® and more. Ubisoft is a global leader in the video games and entertainment software industry.
Ubisoft is committed to enriching player’s lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. We create worlds where people can express themselves, explore and discover new possibilities.
Are you looking to work with enthusiastic experts who are tackling game-changing challenges in entertainment and beyond? At Ubisoft, we offer an open environment where bright ideas are given a chance to shine and everyone is eager to share knowledge.
Take entertainment to the next level. Join us and create the unknown.
As a Senior Data Engineer working with the Studio SF Data Science team, you will be developing and maintaining data services, platforms and pipelines that enable the development teams to deliver top tier gaming experiences to our players.
WHO YOU ARE
You are an experienced developer with a proven track record working with big data. You are a collaborator, motivated by sharing knowledge and experience with your team. You are creative, appreciative of diverse perspectives and excited to tackle new challenges in new ways.
WHO WE ARE
The Studio SF Data Science team is based in San Francisco and is tasked with implementing data and Machine Learning-driven tools to support the needs of our live games. This includes activities as varied as telemetry design & implementation to help us understand player behavior, developing recommender systems and data-driven features to deliver enriching tailored experiences to players, as well as developing data tools and pipelines to support the development teams’ needs.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Collaborate with data scientists to industrialize predictive and analytical models
- Automate and maintain batch and real-time pipelines that collect and process data
- Develop microservices to support our data operations
- Implement and monitor data quality indicators across the data pipeline
- Design and build tools that provide confidence in our data quality
- Consult on technical architecture and carry out proof of concept exercises
- Mentor and lead in your areas of professional and technical expertise
- Establish and promote best practices for data development
WHAT YOU'LL BRING
- Advanced expertise in data engineering and architecture
- Established expertise in Python
- Established expertise in Java, or Scala
- Proven track record working with Spark
- Proven track record working with MPP Databases and Data Lakes
- Proven track record working with cloud platforms (ex. AWS, GCP, Azure, etc.)
- Experience with data orchestration and routing tools (ex. Airflow, NiFi, Prefect, etc.)
- Experience with API and microservice development
- Experience working with structured and unstructured data
- Experience working with containers and container management (Docker, Kubernetes, etc. )
- Understanding of CI/CD tools and principles
- Understanding of devops concepts
- Understanding of machine learning concepts
- Interest in the gaming industry
WHAT YOU'LL GET
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Employer HSA contribution (with enrollment in a HSA eligible medical plan)
- 401k match
- Paid vacation, holiday and wellness time
- Fitness, physical, and eSports challenge reimbursements
- Ginger emotional support app for you and your adult dependents with up to 10 sessions per year of video-based therapy and psychiatry services
- Rocket Lawyer online legal service
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off to volunteer
- Pawternity – paid time off to bond with a newly adopted pet
- Sabbatical leave available after 5 years of employment
- Access to all of the latest Ubisoft games for PC
- Generous discount on new Ubisoft games
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Ubisoft is committed to creating an inclusive work environment that reflects the diversity of our player community. We are an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.
Skills and competencies show up in different forms and can be based on different experiences, that's why we strongly encourage you to apply even though you may not have all the requirements listed above.
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences.
Your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
We do not accept any unsolicited resumes submitted by staffing or placement agencies or recruiters