Player Experience Program Manager
- San Francisco, CA, USA
Ubisoft is composed of over 20,000 talented people located in 55+ development studios and offices across the globe. With more than 80% of our teams dedicated to creation, Ubisoft is the biggest in-house creative force in the industry.
Home to the North American Ubisoft headquarters since 1996, Ubisoft San Francisco opened its development studio in 2009 and since developed Rocksmith® and Rocksmith 2014, to teach millions of people how to play guitar and bass. With a song library of over 1,500 songs and 9 years of support the Rocksmith franchise helped millions of players around the world on their musical journey. In 2017, the studio released the critically acclaimed South Park™: The Fractured But Whole™, in collaboration with Trey Parker, Matt Stone, and South Park Digital Studios. The studio is currently working on two unannounced projects.
Ubisoft’s worldwide network of video game development studios and business offices work hand-in-hand each day to deliver rich and innovative gaming experiences that reflect the creativity and diversity of their teams. This cross-studio collaboration model means every team member has the opportunity to participate in challenging projects based on iconic brands including Assassin's Creed®, Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege®, Tom Clancy's The Division®, For Honor®, Rabbids®, Rayman®, Watch Dogs®, Far Cry®, The Crew®, Just Dance® and more. Ubisoft is a global leader in the video games and entertainment software industry.
Ubisoft is committed to enriching player’s lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. We create worlds where people can express themselves, explore and discover new possibilities.
Are you looking to work with enthusiastic experts who are tackling game-changing challenges in entertainment and beyond? At Ubisoft, we offer an open environment where bright ideas are given a chance to shine and everyone is eager to share knowledge.
Take entertainment to the next level. Join us and create the unknown.
The mission of the Player Experience (PX) department is to maximize Ubisoft player satisfaction. The department is structured around multiple teams: Community Development, Customer Support, esports, Customer Experience, Accessibility and Program Management.
The mission of Player Experience Program Management (PXPM) is to facilitate collaboration, efficiency and effectiveness within the Player Experience team and between the Player Experience teams with internal Ubisoft partners through process and organization, ultimately to enable the best player experience. We work hand in hand with Europe, Middle East Africa Player Experience Program Management team.
Within a global, high-visibility environment, the PXPM Program Manager works closely with Business, IT and Production departments. The role will cover all operational, program and project management aspects for assigned PXPM programs. This is a mission for a collaborative, organized, confident PM with the ability to communicate effectively, encourage sound decision-making, and guide the teams you work with to successfully deliver on commitments through consistent and structured operations.
This is a full-time role reporting into the Ubisoft San Francisco office.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
Manage Program Infrastructure
- Drive programmatic operations for the PXPM programs in a structured and clear manner. Role will primarily support the Ubisoft Gameplan program at this time.
- Own execution of core program activities. Create and maintain health of corresponding documentation (RACI, risk management plan, communication plan, process management, business update reviews, business requirements, roadmaps and schedules, project charters, KPIs, program nomenclature, governance documentation, program status updates, etc.). Ensure alignment and validation of information across core ops team, steering committee and program stakeholders.
- Manage meetings (scheduling, agenda creation, facilitation, notes, follow-up) in alignment with the frequency and intent of the program communication plan.
- Manage program knowledge. Create and maintain centralized program space for documentation. Ensure all documentation is accurate and updated as program details change.
- Drive consensus of core program processes. Create and maintain documented process maps and accompanying reference materials.
- Transparently manage/track/communicate program and sub-project level schedule planning and tracking information (roadmap, project timeline, status, deadlines, responsibilities). Ensure a 360 view of activity status for all defined milestones/tasks/deliverables is available as a centralized, real-time resource.
- Maintain accuracy of dashboards, documentation and communications as information is updated. Actively process updates, outcomes, open issues and action items accordingly into project timelines and define program impact and next steps.
- Own and execute risk management plan. Identify gaps and build response strategy/tactics.
- Work alongside key program stakeholders to ensure overall health of program planning and execution is on target. Serve as bridge between strategy and execution. Support strategic and tactical missions and sub-projects as needed.
- Serve as an information conduit. Ensure ongoing visibility of program information across program stakeholders through all defined channels (communications plan (status reports, meetings, etc.), program knowledge repository, etc.).
- Deliver scheduled and ad hoc program communications to program stakeholders (recurring status reports, meeting notes, etc.).
- Own execution of program communications and plan. Be the central point of collaboration with game teams to distribute and scale programs and sub-projects within their roadmap.
- Facilitate collaboration among and engage cross-geographical and functional teams; drive consensus, decisions and definition and execution of action items.
- Build and maintain strong, collaborative relationships with key stakeholders, up to and including Senior Vice Presidents
- Work closely across cross-functional teams to develop, design and scale programming across geographies
WHAT YOU’LL BRING
- Moderate project management capabilities (clear methodology, ability to maintain operational frameworks and to lead all organizational points of large, complex initiatives and drive through completion)
- Moderate program management capabilities (ability to balance and execute/oversee related projects simultaneously while monitoring dependencies and maintaining standardization across the program)
- Solid experience supporting team leaders and working with multiple business units (IT, business, operations, etc.) to drive large-scale, projects focused on building a product or service with measured results
- Moderate information management capabilities (processing information, maintaining clear and current documentation, status tracking and reporting structure)
- You are highly organized, detail-focused, timely, and results-driven. You have a strong sense of ownership and accountability for success of operations
- Ability to motivate and influence senior leadership, key stakeholders, and employee networks across diverse functions in a global org. You are an excellent connector who collaborates, builds consensus, problem solves and helps celebrate wins
- Ability to analyze situations and use sound judgement and incoming data/information to determine the best course of action
- You have strong self-awareness and are coachable with a growth mindset; you learn from mistakes and are highly adaptable to changing situations and flexible to different ideas and solutions
Ubisoft is committed to creating an inclusive work environment that reflects the diversity of our player community. We are an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.
Skills and competencies show up in different forms and can be based on different experiences, that's why we strongly encourage you to apply even though you may not have all the requirements listed above.
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
We do not accept any unsolicited resumes submitted by staffing or placement agencies or recruiters