Project Manager, Creative Services
- San Francisco, CA, USA
Ubisoft is composed of over 18,000 talented people located in 55+ development studios and offices across the globe. With more than 80% of our teams dedicated to creation, Ubisoft is the biggest in-house creative force in the industry.
Home to the North American Ubisoft headquarters since 1996, Ubisoft San Francisco opened its development studio in 2009 and since developed Rocksmith® and Rocksmith 2014, to teach millions of people how to play guitar and bass. With a song library of over 1,500 songs and 9 years of support the Rocksmith franchise helped millions of players around the world on their musical journey. In 2017, the studio released the critically acclaimed South Park™: The Fractured But Whole™, in collaboration with Trey Parker, Matt Stone, and South Park Digital Studios. The studio is currently working on two unannounced projects.
Ubisoft’s worldwide network of video game development studios and business offices work hand-in-hand each day to deliver rich and innovative gaming experiences that reflect the creativity and diversity of their teams. This cross-studio collaboration model means every team member has the opportunity to participate in challenging projects based on iconic brands including Assassin's Creed®, Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege®, Tom Clancy's The Division®, For Honor®, Rabbids®, Rayman®, Watch Dogs®, Far Cry®, The Crew®, Just Dance® and more. Ubisoft is a global leader in the video games and entertainment software industry.
With an expansive global distribution network, Ubisoft is also a company that stays in close contact with its local fans.
Ubisoft is committed to enriching player’s lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. We create worlds where people can express themselves, explore and discover new possibilities.
Are you looking to work with enthusiastic experts who are tackling game-changing challenges in entertainment and beyond? At Ubisoft, we offer an open environment where bright ideas are given a chance to shine and everyone is eager to share knowledge.
Join a great place to work and shape the future of games. Join us and create the unknown.
The Project Manager is a non-managing position in the Ubisoft Creative Services Department. The Creative Services Department is responsible for producing a wide variety of assets used to support marketing campaigns for Ubisoft products. Within the Creative Services Department, the Project Management (PM) Team is responsible for driving the creation of digital and print materials by organizing the efforts of an in-house creative team, along with external resources as needed. They guide projects from initiation to final delivery by partnering with Brand, Retail Marketing, and other internal teams. The team manages a variety of assets, including key art, packaging, social media, event signage, sales, and online retail marketing materials.
The right candidate is highly motivated, enthusiastic, extremely organized, and thrives working under pressure. The Project Manager will be responsible for project communication, management, scheduling and trafficking of creative projects from inception through online and print distribution across several categories. They must be able to work within cross functional teams to ensure the artwork design and message are within brand guidelines and meet marketing objectives. They should have a general understanding of printing and manufacturing requirements and be willing to familiarize themselves with Ubisoft’s guidelines. It is the Project Managers responsibility to ensure all scheduled dates and approvals for deliverables are met on time and to escalate when projects are off track.
The Project Manager will report to the Senior Manager, Project Management.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Partner with Retail Marketing, Brand Management, Creative Services, and other departments as required, to develop packaging, print and online marketing materials
- Proactively drive the flow of projects from initial concept to release for production by gathering information, assets, and references as required, and obtaining required approvals to release assets on time
- Responsible for identifying project issues and communicating sound solutions.
- Create and maintain title launch dashboard for AAAA/AAA titles to provide up-to-date project status to key stakeholders with oversight from Sr. PM
- Create project schedule for keyart, toolkit, and packaging (including Steelbook and all SKUs in partnership with Manufacturing team); Closely monitor and maintain project schedule, attend daily scrum meetings to update group on project status and any design needs
- Responsible for hosting and managing kick-off and creative review meetings; set-up, agenda and follow-up.
- Manage project scope and expectations of client, inc. timing
- Ensure that the creative brief/JIRA tickets are prioritized and properly vetted before moving into production, then assign JIRA project tickets based on the job type
- Quality Control & Route artwork layouts for internal/partner review and approval based on the job type. Understand and make sure feedback is executable.
- Participate in weekly creative meetings and cross functional meetings as needed
WHAT YOU'LL BRING
- Mid-level experience in a project management/marketing role in an advertising agency, design firm, in-house design/video services department, or related marketing environment
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with frequent changes; excellent multitasking skills.
- Experience managing marketing, creative or technology projects a plus
- Self-confident leader who motivates and builds trust with others both internally and externally
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Solid and accurate knowledge of production and creative terminology
- Working knowledge of project management software (JIRA, WRIKE, Workfront) & the Adobe Creative Suite software (Photoshop, Illustrator)
WHAT YOU'LL GET
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Employer HSA contribution (with enrollment in a HSA eligible medical plan)
- 401k match
- Paid vacation, holiday and wellness time
- Fitness, physical, and eSports challenge reimbursements
- Ginger emotional support app for you and your adult dependents with up to 10 sessions per year of video-based therapy and psychiatry services
- Rocket Lawyer online legal service
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off to volunteer
- Pawternity – paid time off to bond with a newly adopted pet
- Sabbatical leave available after 5 years of employment
- Access to all of the latest Ubisoft games for PC
- Generous discount on new Ubisoft games
Ubisoft is committed to creating an inclusive work environment that reflects the diversity of our player community. We are an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.
Skills and competencies show up in different forms and can be based on different experiences, that's why we strongly encourage you to apply even though you may not have all the requirements listed above.
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences.
We do not accept any unsolicited resumes submitted by staffing or placement agencies or recruiters