Animator - [Avatar Project] (f/m/d)
- Düsseldorf, Germany
Ubisoft is a leading producer, publisher and distributor of video games worldwide with a network of over 44 locations. We are committed to delivering high-quality, cutting-edge video game titles to players. In our German studios in Mainz, Düsseldorf and Berlin, we are working on brands like “Anno”, “Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege”, "Far Cry", James Cameron's "Avatar", "Beyond Good and Evil 2", “Assassin's Creed VR”, "Splinter Cell VR" and many more.
As a part of the animation team at Ubisoft Düsseldorf, you will work with our passionate gameplay team to craft stunning and realistic character animations, with the support from both technical animators and tech/tools programmers to create character and storytelling sequences that will create a memorable and immersive experience for all our players.
- Working with both key frame and motion capture animation to breathe life into the world
- Collaborating with the Art Director, Lead Animator, designers and programmers to craft compelling character sequences that fit the visual style of the project
- Continuously push the quality of character and creature animation to the highest level
- Coordination with artists and leads to proactively solve problems and deliver on schedule
- Provide skinning for complex characters
- Collaborating with other Ubisoft teams around the world on a daily basis
You As A Person
We are looking for an animator with a high degree of self-motivation and initiative. You'll be able to communicate well and have a keen eye for motion, weight, timing and animation with the ability to create content working within the animation style of the project. As a passionate and valued animator on the team you will be positive and forward thinking and be able to anticipate the needs of your project.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience as an Animator in game development
- A strong understanding of rigging, skinning, keyframe animation, motion capturing and procedural animation.
- Proven experience on at least one shipped title.
- Working knowledge of Maya, Motion Builder, 3DSMAX, and/or other commercial 3D authoring packages.
- Experience working with complex animation systems and animation state
It is required that you submit a portfolio of your work with your application. You may do so by providing a link to an online portfolio (preferred), or attaching documents to your resume. Please ensure your link is easy to find and still working when you submit the application.
All portfolios must contain a detailed shot breakdown of the work. It must be very clear what you, the applicant, are responsible for in your reel, portfolio, screenshots etc.
The portfolio should contain the following:
- Examples of character animation (full body motion, emotions etc.)
- Examples of animation style variety
- Examples of environment animation or visual effects
- Examples of animation rigs and their functionality in a 3D package
Looking to be part of a fun, creative and passionate workplace with a great work life balance? In our open, international and friendly environment you will work with some of the best craftsmen in the industry. Our state of the art studio will inspire you to go above and beyond to create experiences that will stay with the players.
We want to help you stay an expert in your field and have guest speakers from the industry, workshops, online learning platforms, in-studio library and paid self-study time. With team events, various clubs, gaming groups, free German classes, you will find friends from all over the studio to bond with.
Living in Düsseldorf
Düsseldorf is a very multi-national city close to the border of Germany famous for its Japanese culture. A Japanese gardens, "Little Tokyo" area for Asian cuisine, and celebrating Japan Day along the River Rhine are a part of it's charm. Art Galleries and Museums can be found as well as the "Old City" - a lively area of bars and restaurants amongst traditional German architecture.
Two hours from Paris, Amsterdam, the UK & Hamburg - an excellent location to explore Europe even on a weekend. Nature parks offer a sanctuary for those needing a break from city life. More suburban areas surround the city for those looking for a more relaxed pace.
The application via our career portal must include your resume, and a cover letter (both in English) detailing your earliest starting date, salary expectations and motivation.
- Relocation Assistance provided
- Flexible work hours
- Monthly travel budget
- 26 days holiday, 11 days public holidays, 5 Care for your Sick Child days (all paid)
- Health Insurance (50% contribution paid by Ubisoft) and paid sick days
- Pension Scheme
- Gym subsidy
- Monthly childcare budget
- Discounted games & more
Diveristy & Inclusion: (f/m/d = female, male, diverse) At Ubisoft we foster an inclusive environment. All applications are welcome!
For further information please check www.bluebyte.de and www.ubisoft.com.