Lead UI Artist [Unannounced Project]
- Stockholm, Sweden
Can you find the devil in the details? Are you a master graphical designer with a broad artistic knowledge base? Come join us!
We are looking for a Lead UI Artist for an ambitious unannounced project here in Stockholm Sweden.
As our Lead UI Artist, you will establish and shape our graphical language which will serve as a common thread which runs through our game’s HUD, User Interface and reaches far into our brand and global online presence. You will create UI art design guides and bibles, as well as art briefs and check the quality of artwork produced to ensure consistency to our art benchmark. Furthermore, you will be key in building, managing, and mentoring a team of UI artists.
We know you have fantastical powers and for us it is important you get to show your magic. To do this, we are creating strong autonomous teams with independent decision-making, and freedom to try out new things and show why it works. For us it is important that you get to shine by being creative: to take deliberate decisions, poke hole in things when required to navigate through known pitfalls and care for your craft by honouring your commitments.
In this role, you’ll be joining what we call the Presentation craft on the project and report to the Presentation Director. You will build manage and coach a team of UI artists with complementary skills, driving 1-on-1’s and setting individual career goals throughout the year. Furthermore, you will work closely with other members of the presentation team, such as UX design and motion graphics. You will share and present your work as we promote a feedback culture.
In this role you will...
- Lead our UI vision by producing UI art design guides and bibles, as well as design briefs to meet our benchmark.
- Shape our graphical language used in the games HUD, UI and related assets used in other media.
- Participate in the UI Design process and create working prototypes and wireframes.
- Design intuitive interfaces that enhance the gameplay experience.
- Produce fully functional (static and dynamic) UI elements for the game.
- Collaborate with programmers and UX designers to ensure smooth workflows for UI as well as looking for ways to improve the pipeline and the quality of assets.
- Ensure alignment of interfaces with the game flow and design, in terms of usability and art style.
- Coaching and career planning with members of your team.
We would love if you...
- Are a skilled generalist graphic designer with demonstrable specialities (like User Interface Design, Vector Logo Design/Iconography, Typography and/or Branding).
- Have a lot of experience as a graphic designer and/or relevant experience from other industries.
- Are experienced in the full production cycle of creating user interfaces, from concept, through prototype, to final deliverable.
- Understand what makes good 2D art direction, from the bottom (mood boards, shape language) to the top (design guides, art bibles) in a variety of art styles.
- Have experience from communicating your vision and giving/receiving feedback.
- Are used to working in an international environment and to express yourself fluently in English.
Apply to make it yours
Read more about us: https://careers.ubisoftstockholm.com/
Making good games takes effort, making great games takes a different type of thinking.
Are you a game designer, artist or engineer? Cool. How about a chemist, economist or social scientist? Let’s talk. At Ubisoft Stockholm, we feel different thinking comes from many places and that good ideas, no matter where they come from, are the key to unlocking our potential.
Located in the storied Östermalm neighborhood in Stockholm Sweden, we believe thinking of new ways to solve old problems is a cornerstone of innovation and we are looking for passionate people who follow their dreams to make the world a better place.
We know there is a better way to making great games.