Senior Technical Artist [Unannounced Project]
- Stockholm, Sweden
Do you also believe there’s a better way to create content for games? Are you interested in how coding can improve art production? Read more here!
We are looking for a Senior Technical Artist for an ambitious unannounced project here in Stockholm Sweden.
As a Senior Technical Artist, you will have daily interactions and collaborate with our team of artists, coders, designers among others to create enhanced workflows and pipelines for content creation. You will have the opportunity to contribute to our effort in finding more efficient ways to scale production while maintaining grand quality. As we work in cross-functional teams, you will be working closely with people from other disciplines and follow agile methodologies to propel your work forward.
We know you have fantastical potential and for us it is important you get to show your magic. To do this, we are creating strong autonomous teams with independent decision-making, and freedom to try out new things and show why it works. For us it is important that you get to shine by being creative: to make deliberate decisions, poke hole in things when required, to make new mistakes and care for your craft by honouring your commitments.
In this role, you’ll be joining the Technical Artist team and report directly to our Technical Art Director. While not only working within the craft team, you will also work closely with Artists to bridge the gap between art and tech to fully enhance the content that goes into our unannounced project.
- Facilitate collaboration between technology and content creation teams.
- Prototype, implement and maintain art creation pipeline/workflows for content creators.
- Interact with game designers, artists and engineers to ensure that technical art vision is serving the project needs.
- Review and feedback on technical setups and processes for creating Art.
- Explore procedural content generation strategies and provide support to look-dev.
- Evangelize our technical innovations within the studio and company wide.
- Document your work to share knowledge on how to use the new systems and functionalities.
- You have a few years’ experience as a Technical Artist and have also shipped one or more titles in a bigger production.
- You have a genuine interest in game development and a curiosity for the games industry.
- You have good understanding of contemporary graphic content creation requirements and industry standard DCCs and workflows.
- You are well-versed in tools such as: 3DSMAX/Blender/Maya and Photoshop/Substance suite
- You have used Houdini and/or similar tools and can demonstrate your proficiency with ease.
- You are comfortable in all or some of the following programming/scripting languages: Python, MEL, C#, C++, VEX
- You have some experience of developing, maintaining & optimising GPU shaders.
- You are used to working in an international environment and to express yourself fluently in English.
Apply now to make it yours!
Making good games takes effort, making great games takes a different type of thinking.
Are you a game designer, artist or engineer? Cool. How about a chemist, economist or social scientist? Let’s talk. At Ubisoft Stockholm, we feel different thinking comes from many places and that good ideas, no matter where they come from, are the key to unlocking our potential.
Located in the storied Östermalm neighborhood in Stockholm Sweden, we believe thinking of new ways to solve old problems is a cornerstone of innovation and we are looking for passionate people who follow their dreams to make the world a better place.
We know there is a better way to making great games.
Read more about us at: https://careers.ubisoftstockholm.com/