Senior Tools Programmer [Unannounced Project]
- Stockholm, Sweden
Are you enthusiastic about creating tools and engine systems that help make new games great? Can you come up with possible improvements on the fly and know what to watch out for? Don’t miss this opportunity!
We are looking for a Senior Tools Programmer to join our studio for an ambitious unannounced project here in Stockholm Sweden.
In the role as Senior Tools Programmer you will join a brand-new team with focus on designing and implementing engine systems and tools for our project. As we work in cross-functional teams, you will be interacting with people from many other disciplines and follow agile methodologies to drive your work forward.
We know you have fantastical powers and for us it is important you get to show your magic. To do this, we are creating strong autonomous teams with independent decision-making, and freedom to try out new things and show why it works. For us it is important that you get to shine by being creative: to collaborate to make decisions together with your team, poke holes in things when required, to navigate through known pitfalls and care for your craft by honoring your commitments.
As a Senior Tools Programmer, you will work on creating new tools and engine systems for our project, together with the new team. You will work strategically and analyze existing solutions to make them more customized and usable.
In this role you will...
- Work in C++ on our integrated editor/game development tools.
- Design, implement, and iterate on new and existing tools and systems.
- Analyze existing functions in the engine and see how they could be enhanced to fulfill the intentions of the project.
- Support the production functions and systems: production workflows in the editor, third-party application plug-ins (Maya, source control, etc.), and productivity tools (compilation, build process, etc.).
- Contribute to the long-term strategy for the engine development.
- Document the work in purpose to share knowledge and enable users to use the new systems and functionalities.
We would love if you...
- Have a Master’s degree in computer science, computer engineering, or equivalent training or experience.
- Are experienced as a software developer within video games or other industry with related work.
- Have an understanding of video game engines and experience from using one or more commercial engines.
- Solid understanding in C++, including refactoring, optimization, debugging and testing.
- Have the ability to understand user needs and take them into account when programming.
- Have good knowledge of Software Engineering principles.
Apply to make it yours!
Read more about us at: https://careers.ubisoftstockholm.com/
Making good games takes effort, making great games takes a different type of thinking.
Are you a game designer, artist or engineer? Cool. How about a chemist, economist or social scientist? Let’s talk. At Ubisoft Stockholm, we feel different thinking comes from many places and that good ideas, no matter where they come from, are the key to unlocking our potential.
Located in the storied Östermalm neighborhood in Stockholm Sweden, we believe thinking of new ways to solve old problems is a cornerstone of innovation and we are looking for passionate people who follow their dreams to make the world a better place.
We know there is a better way to making great games.