- Montreal, QC, Canada
What you'll do
The Lead Artist works with a broad portfolio of Ubisoft titles such as Rainbow Six, Assassin’s Creed, and Just Dance. You are excited to apply your advanced digital compositing, character posing, retouching, lighting, and texturing skills in the fast paced, high-energy gaming industry. You are 2D and 3D Artist utilizing 3D Software and Photoshop to create masterful artwork from concept to completion that captivates viewers' attention and delivers impactful experiences.
You work in partnership with the Art Directors, the Associate Creative Director, and in collaboration with the Creative Director. You generate motivation, efficiency, strategy, and high-quality content through your standards and high-end creative assets. This position reports to the Creative Director.
- Supports efforts in concept and key-art development
- Create high-end image compositing, photorealistic retouching, layouts and dynamic compositions
- Work independently in developing key art, in addition to managing a team
- Manages three direct reports that work independently or as a team
- Guide the creative standard for our marketing partners and other internal groups
- Partner with project managers to create a workflow in support and development of key-art assets
- Stay current on trends, entertainment marketing and bring external insight into your work
What you bring to the team
You are an expert at digital compositing using 3D models, character posing, photo manipulation, color correction, texturing and lighting. You have experience motivating, coaching, and inspiring other artists through positive collaboration and excellent work. You strive to develop key-art that is strategic and that delivers on marketing objectives. You are a strong collaborator, dedicated, passionate, talented, and inspirational. As the Lead 2D/3D Artist (Generalist), you understand that influence and collaboration are critical components in this role.
- Senior expertise in digital art and photo
- Proven record of successfully managing direct reports
- Advanced knowledge in Maya, 3DS, Zbrush, Marmoset Toolbag, Blender and Photoshop
- Expert level in layout design, and composition
- A keen eye for attention to detail and adherence to defined brand guidelines
- Studio character and portrait lighting/photography an asset
- Artistic talent, as it pertains to compositing, character posing, photography, and composition
- Supportive and collaborative with solid organizational skills and a sense of prioritization
- Professionalism and composure while working under tight deadlines
- Ability to articulate your creative vision
- Ability to deliver quality and creativity within the context of a variety of game genres
- A portfolio demonstrating previous work is required
- Completion of provided skills test is required
- Bilingual (FR/EN)
What to send our way
Your CV, your expertise and/or related experience and skills
Just a heads up: If you require a work permit, your eligibility may depend on your education and years of relevant work experience, as required by the government.
Skills and competencies show up in different forms and can be based on different experiences, that's why we strongly encourage you to apply even though you may not have all the requirements listed above.
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences.
At Ubisoft Montreal, a preeminent developer of video games located in Montreal’s dynamic Mile-End neighbourhood since 1997, we offer a work environment unique in the industry for allowing you to build and cultivate games that are part of critically acclaimed, iconic AAA franchises of international repute.
When you join Ubi Montreal, you enter a community of passionate, extraordinary developers connected by their need to innovate, to be creative and to work with the latest technology. You’ll discover a world where employees enjoy constant career advancement, a supportive learning environment, and competitive compensation packages.
More than anything, at Ubi Montreal, you will regularly ship a variety of big, quality titles – Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Rainbow Six, Watch_Dogs, For Honor and… well we can’t disclose all our secrets just yet… – and work with some of the most talented people in the industry.