IT Portfolio Manager
- Montreal, QC, Canada
Creating the unknown since 1997. At Ubisoft Montreal, we’re united by a common goal: to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. We develop iconic franchises that engage millions around the world, like Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, For Honor, Rainbow Six, Watch Dogs – and, well, we can’t disclose all our secrets just yet.
Our biggest strength is – and always will be – our people: the immensely talented team members surrounding, supporting, and producing the high-quality games that have made our studio what it is today.
When you join Ubi MTL, you’ll discover a workplace that sparks inspiration and connection: an environment with a variety of voices, identities, backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We offer a collaborative space that provides career advancement, a host of learning opportunities, and meaningful benefits centred on well-being.
Here, our shared desire to dream big, take risks, and constantly improve contributes to the innovation and boundary-pushing that ultimately leads to our collective success.
Ubisoft’s Office of the CIO (OCIO) is looking for an IT Portfolio Manager to work within the Strategic Planning team. The OCIO supports the entire IT organization by enabling teams to transform the CIO’s vision into reality.
Reporting to the IT Associate Director for Portfolio Management, you will act as a senior advisor to IT leadership on governance and best practices in Project Portfolio Management (PPM).The team is the hub for practices & tools to link strategy with execution, enable smart decisions on technology investments, and align IT value delivery to business needs. The team also enables IT governance by framing the master data used to run our business.
To succeed in this role, you will need demonstrable experience in IT governance, a desire to champion change and a lot of ambition. You will not receive clear mandates, but rather a vision and objectives. You will need strong analytical skills, an aptitude for solving complex problems, and a keen eye for detail. Great communication skills will be required to understand the needs of your peers and lead the organization towards maturity.
Evolve our portfolio planning expertise by
- Building new portfolio delivery methods & practices and guiding our partners in adopting them;
- Providing clarity to IT leadership and business sponsors on proposed and ongoing investments;
- Coordinating our portfolio planning activities, including prioritisation, funding & approval
Establish IT Roadmapping practices by:
- Building relationships with your partners in IT and coaching portfolio leaders to increase their Portfolio Project Management (PPM) maturity;
- Planning and creating the governance processes and maintaining the roadmap from ten IT departments;
- Simplify, automate and repeat until the exercise becomes painless.
Guide IT governance towards simplicity by:
- Helping shape our IT master data architecture to be both simple & effective;
- Consolidating our approach to service catalog management & project portfolio management
- Disseminating information clearly with effective communications and training
* This position may require occasional travel overseas when COVID isn’t a thing anymore
- Minimum 8 years of relevant work experience in project, program or portfolio management, service or financial management or functional architecture;
- Experience in an IT department or technology environment;
- Experience leading & managing people is strongly desired;
- Knowledge of PPM systems such as Planview, Planisware, or other;
- Strong understanding of project management, service management and IT governance such as ITIL, COBIT, PMBOK, or Scrum;
- Familiarity with PMP, SAFE LPM, or other methodologies;
- Knowledge of collaboration tools such as SharePoint, Confluence, or JIRA;
- Understanding of financial planning and budgeting;
- Bilingual French and English is required both orally and written.
Just a heads up: If you require a work permit, your eligibility may depend on your education and years of relevant work experience, as required by the government.
Skills and competencies show up in different forms and can be based on different experiences, that's why we strongly encourage you to apply even though you may not have all the requirements listed above.
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences.