- Chengdu, Sichuan, China
Established in 2008, Ubisoft Chengdu is one of the key game studios in western China and a full-fledged production center, with over 320 talents contributing to Ubisoft’s line-up. We have a strong track record of co-development on Ubisoft’s biggest brands such as Assassin’s Creed®, Skull and Bones™ and For Honor®, as well as developing casual games such as Rabbids party game and bringing hit titles to Switch.
Meanwhile, we are also a pioneer in cutting-edge technology driving Ubisoft’s “games as a service (GAAS)” ethos. Chengdu’s technology team develops products that empower production teams to make educated, data-driven decisions on hit Ubisoft brands.
To find out more, please visit our website: http://www.ubisoftgroup.com or our WeChat account (UBISOFT育碧or 育碧招聘).
同时，育碧成都工作室也是研发前沿性技术的领军者，其“Games As A Service (GAAS)” 的理念带领企业不断推陈出新。成都工作室的技术团队开发的产品被运用于育碧旗下众多知名游戏品牌，有效协助研发团队基于科学数据做出准确决策。
Working closely with the PM, 3D Modelling team, and lead studio’s Art Director, guide the creation of art content that follow the project’s art direction and technical restrictions. People management and champion of team health for the different teams of the projects. Be a key player in the artistic style of the project.
· Keep a constant contact with the lead studio’s Art Director to ensure the art cohesion of the production. (bi-weekly conf call and email).
· Create art moodboard and benchmark design, propose and implement the new theme in according to project’s artistic direction.
· Communicate the artistic vision and its changes to the team, and enforce it by using proper documentations, concept arts, sharing session and visual references.
· Leading, and developing an internal team of concept art, providing constructive art feedback, training, and coaching on outsourcing concept art team.
· Be responsible for final concept design delivery, quality control in accordance with the project's artistic direction, technical restrictions, and the deadlines.
· Manage individual team member’s performance and progress, create the environment for initiatives and ideas to emerge and grow.
· Create a working environment friendly and constructively for cross-team collaboration, ensuring a productive internal workflow and beneficial relationships with internal/external partners, and Co-Dev studios.
· In collaboration with the PM/Producer, evaluate staffing requirements and be involved in the artists’ recruitment process.
Skills and Knowledge
· Strong illustration and concept skills
· Solid foundation of art fundamentals regarding colour, form, light
· Good understanding of 3D art pipelines, and technical constraints related to different game engines.
· A deep understanding of a variety of art 2D and 3D applications such as 3DS Max and Photoshop, knowledge of engine and tools necessary to generate assets.
· Strong leadership, team, and people management skills.
· Excellent English presentation, organization, time management, and cross-department communication skills
· Good knowledge of the video game market; passion for game art.
· 5-7 years’ minimum experience in Art or any other relevant experience, including successful experience in a lead or director role
· Shipped at least 2 games, preferably with 1 game being AAA on a next generation consol
· Rich experience for mobile game development will be a plus.
Good to know
As we aim to build a team who continuously push the boundaries of what’s possible within game development (and because we love to learn and grow from the people around us), we might ask you to do a practical test as a part of the recruitment process.
We look forward to receiving your application and learning more about you.